Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec..
Quote | Reply
..or else Middle East peace might be dead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/kushners-overseas-contacts-raise-concerns-as-foreign-officials-seek-leverage/2018/02/27/16bbc052-18c3-11e8-942d-16a950029788_story.html?utm_term=.991e872b139b

Wasn't he going to personally roll back 'all regulations' as well? Like, by at least 1/3?
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes . . . but there was that press conference during the transition, the large stack of documents, a lawyer talking and even Trump himself rambling on and on, about how all of what goes on in the White House and with his administration will operate at arms-length from ANY businesses that he (Trump) and people in his cabinet are associated with!! There would be NO overlap or influence!

Yeah, right! ;-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the guy in charge of Peace in the Middle East no longer has a Top Secret clearance.

Reason 87 why you never hire your son in law to work for you.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
..or else Middle East peace might be dead.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.991e872b139b

Wasn't he going to personally roll back 'all regulations' as well? Like, by at least 1/3?

Which is why anti-nepotism rules exist. This demonstrates why those rules should be extended to WH internal appointments.

At least Kelly appears to be pushing back against Kushner's role in the WH. It'll be interesting to watch the power struggle between Kelly and Ivanka/Kushner.
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always a red flag when the other side says, "we want to meet w/ Jared only - and with nobody else in the room, pls".

Remember when JKush was trying to setup a 'secret back-channel communication line' with Russia?
Nothing odd about that, especially in light of his need to raise $1,200,000,000 in the next 9months.

Imagine if Thrillary had been elected and this type of thing was going on..
Pretty sure AlexJones' head would explode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.thedailybeast.com/...es-dark-clown-prince

Quote:
Kushner is a man who needs a billion dollars fast, and is willing to cast shame on the winds to get there. The stench of his venality and desperation hangs around him like stripper perfume, cloying and obvious. Jared all but hiked up his sassy pink petticoats while whistling “Hey, sailor!” to the Chinese, Israeli, Arab, and Russian investors he begged to invest in his failing 666 Fifth Avenue white elephant.

Kushner has no one to blame but himself. His ambition exceeded his abilities by orders of magnitude so vast it would take a team of advanced mathematicians a generation to devise a system by which to measure the differential. Even his simpering beta-male, child-voiced affect couldn’t hide his spectacular reach and overpowering thirst for the power, influence, and financial rewards of Washington.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Quote:

Kushner is a man who needs a billion dollars fast, and is willing to cast shame on the winds to get there. The stench of his venality and desperation hangs around him like stripper perfume, cloying and obvious. Jared all but hiked up his sassy pink petticoats while whistling “Hey, sailor!” to the Chinese, Israeli, Arab, and Russian investors he begged to invest in his failing 666 Fifth Avenue white elephant.

Kushner has no one to blame but himself. His ambition exceeded his abilities by orders of magnitude so vast it would take a team of advanced mathematicians a generation to devise a system by which to measure the differential. Even his simpering beta-male, child-voiced affect couldn’t hide his spectacular reach and overpowering thirst for the power, influence, and financial rewards of Washington.

I'm trying to parse the tone, but having trouble. Do you think this writer is a big fan of Jared Kushner, or.....?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
jmh wrote:

Quote:

I'm trying to parse the tone, but having trouble. Do you think this writer is a big fan of Jared Kushner, or.....?

He might like him. He didn't call him a 'cuck'.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It can't be good when even the Mexicans think they can play you..
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
jmh wrote:

Quote:

Rick Wilson is near the top of the list of public(ish) figures I'd like to have a drink with. His twitter feed is really, really good.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the big question is will Donnie throw his SOL under the bus or just try and pass it off as more fake news.
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think Donnie would do that -- but it does up a can of worms...
Without security clearance, Kush can't solve world peace, healthcare, or deregulate the entire economy.
So there'd be no real reason for him to stay in DC.
And if he goes home, you figure Ivanka leaves also..
(Which means women will never be empowered.)
That leaves Melania's anti-bullying initiative as the only left between order and total chaos.

If JKush does leave, here's predicting Donnie praises him as "great guy, who was treated very unfairly". (etc etc etc)
Last edited by: spookini: Feb 28, 18 16:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
So there'd be no real reason for him to stay in DC.

Well there might be. If he's already made promises based on leveraging his position.

Pure speculation, of course. But if he's got himself in hock to various parties as it appears he might, boy, I almost feel for the kid.
Quote Reply
Re: JKush: I need to borrow $1.2B by Dec.. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Quote:

...His ambition exceeded his abilities by orders of magnitude so vast it would take a team of advanced mathematicians a generation to devise a system by which to measure the differential. ...

Slowguy has built a model for analysing statistics like these. It shows that there is no difference.
Quote Reply