Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Canadian navy in action....
Quote | Reply
Very unfortunate. Let's hope not a lot of damage is done. Hard to believe that end the end of WWII Canada had the third largest navy in the world.

http://www.cbc.ca/...fuel-spill-1.4551467
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian army in action...

OK it's really not Canadian...
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it had been, the kit that failed would have been American made. So there is that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [bluemonkeytri]Th [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That boat has the remains of 2 amphibious vehicles in it, clearly a successful mission.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't they use wind power on ships? Just get it moving once then you create your own power forever.

Quote | Reply

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, it's very easy and not all that uncommon to have fuel spills. This is a lot of fuel, but apparently leaking over a period of time, so they didn't detect it right away.

This is one of the handful of things Commanding Officers in the US Navy dread, because it can be a nightmare to resolve, clean up, and then you have potential for disciplinary action and personal liability later on. I'm not sure how the Canadian Navy handles these things, but I assume it's similar. Any time you're taking on or transferring fuel at sea, you run the risk of spilling.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to know why they were in the Strait of Georgia. Were they trying to invade Atlanta?
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I want to know why they were in the Strait of Georgia. Were they trying to invade Atlanta?

Isn't the Strait of Georgia is somewhere near Tbilisi? Wonder what the Canadians were doing there? Maybe they were confused and disoriented from breathing fumes.
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Isn't the Strait of Georgia is somewhere near Tbilisi? Wonder what the Canadians were doing there? Maybe they were confused and disoriented from breathing fumes.

It's by Vancouver...
Hit Link to find Strait of Georgia
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
macbain_tri wrote:
eb wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

It's by Vancouver...

No no, that's from a Canadian web site and can't be trusted. I think it's down here somewhere: https://www.google.com/...17,-38.450096,7.63z/

I'm sticking with the fume theory.
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
macbain_tri wrote:
eb wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

It's by Vancouver...

Fer crying out loud....this is LR. Don't ruin it with facts.
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
macbain_tri wrote:
eb wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

It's by Vancouver...

No no, that's from a Canadian web site and can't be trusted. I think it's down here somewhere: https://www.google.com/...17,-38.450096,7.63z/

I'm sticking with the fume theory.

Cool. South Georgia and the Sandwich Islands. Do the sandwiches grow on the trees there? If so, that would be a great place to get stranded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The Canadian navy in action.... [bluemonkeytri]Th [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply