Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
A bit off topic but since we are talking hockey. Anyone notice the womens goalie equipment and how big it looked?

The chest protectors reminded me of the NHL in the 90's, specifically Garth Snow.

I don’t think the size limits for pads are as strict as in the NHL. The NHL basically is making their own rules to increase scoring.
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:
What is going on Canada, the 2 sports most Canadians would hang their hats on for the winter games and we have no gold medals to show...
Maybe I'll just go arm myself with an insane amount of high powered semi-automatic weaponry and tell myself that is the answer!

You should. But the best snipers use .50. Cal and a lot of th best are Canadian. We would all appreciate more well trained snipers to take out the enemy.
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
Leavitt wrote:
What is going on Canada, the 2 sports most Canadians would hang their hats on for the winter games and we have no gold medals to show...
Maybe I'll just go arm myself with an insane amount of high powered semi-automatic weaponry and tell myself that is the answer!

You should. But the best snipers use .50. Cal and a lot of th best are Canadian. We would all appreciate more well trained snipers to take out the enemy.

I'm the military....absolutely!

Joe civilian...not so much

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Last edited by: Leavitt: Feb 23, 18 18:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:

I'm the military....absolutely!

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Hockey? Our best players aren't there. Who cares? Nobody, that's who.

Maybe next time send the Leafs. They also disappoint. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:

I think you nailed it with "most Canadians". Too many of us don't realize that there are other winter sports besides hockey and curling (which ironically nowadays are mostly played indoors in the CDN winters). Sort of like the Johnny Canuck that thinks that there are only two types of beer in the entire world - Molson and LaBatt.
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying there is more to the world than 50?

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:

Meh, no NHL players not our best. That being said I'm enjoying it, you don't know who'll win, I'm pulling for Germany now as they've never won it before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Leavitt wrote:

I think you nailed it with "most Canadians". Too many of us don't realize that there are other winter sports besides hockey and curling (which ironically nowadays are mostly played indoors in the CDN winters). Sort of like the Johnny Canuck that thinks that there are only two types of beer in the entire world - Molson and LaBatt.

We do really well in fringe skiing events as well, just got another gold in some snowboard jumping thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:
Are you saying there is more to the world than 50?

Labatt 50 is absolutely the worlds shittiest beer. I think every Canadian kid when in high school had their first drunk on that crap and puked their guts out that night. Surprisingly its still very popular in rural Quebec. And of course still with teenagers getting drunk for the first time. Can't talk any more about 50 as I might want to barf. Memories of that shit is just so bad all these years later.
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Leavitt wrote:

We do really well in fringe skiing events as well, just got another gold in some snowboard jumping thing.

We've been doing well in the goofball baggy pants/big air type sports. I wish we could do better in x-country skiing or the big Alpine sports. I'm old enough to remember the days of the Crazy Canucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Troll of the week, this time from the German Foreign Office: ;-)

Travel advisory: Germans in Canada should exercise a high degree of empathy. Be nice, don’t gloat, give hugs, buy rounds of hot chocolate. Just imagine how you would feel if Canada beat us in soccer #CANGER @TeamD @CanadaFP @GermanyInCanada @KanadaBotschaft

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have German friends, I thought it was funny. Our reply back was pretty good too. I like when people have a sense of humor.
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
We have German friends, I thought it was funny. Our reply back was pretty good too. I like when people have a sense of humor.

Yup. That reply back was GOOD. :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: First curling, now hockey.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Hockey? Our best players aren't there.

Wait, what? we sent the Maple Leafs roster to Korea?
Bazinga!

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:

And now one of their athletes has been arrested for stealing a car. Apparently a skier, his wife, and his trainer were out at night, felt like it was really cold, so they just decided to take a car that was unlocked and running. Shockingly, alcohol was involved, something like 3 times the limit in S. Korea. I’m sure he’ll say he’s soory.

https://www.cnn.com/...pian-trnd/index.html

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next