Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished season 1. Really enjoyed it. Some areas I could do without, like the constant mini-cliff hangers...but that’s the genre so it’s all good.

In other news, thanks for your Tin Star reco. Loving it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I managed to get through episode 1. took me 2 tries to finish it, I'm not a fan. Too disjointed with too many flashback scenes.

The robot is cool though...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:
JSA wrote:
I'm just guessing that Judy is adopted, right?

Half-sister. Comes up pretty far along in the season.

Thank you! I just finished episode 2 and it has been bothering me. The other issue with Judy is that she is too young. She was about the right age in the movies a few years ago.

It was weird in 2 ways to me - she's supposed to be a 18 year old Doogie Houser. In the original she was 19 and gave up her career. The actor is 23 and looked about 16 to me...

In the movie, she was Heather Graham and 27/28 at the time. Her siblings were Lacy Chabert (15/16) and Jack Johnson (?) (10/11).
Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parker Posey makes this nearly unwatchable. She is terrible. Simply awful. She is a horrible actress and very unpleasant to look at. Huge casting error.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Parker Posey makes this nearly unwatchable. She is terrible. Simply awful. She is a horrible actress and very unpleasant to look at. Huge casting error.

That reddish jumpsuit looking outfit, she wears, is hideous. Along with her poofed up hair, she looks like she just roamed in from the local homeless shelter
Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure I can finish the last two episodes. Parker Posey is unwatchable. She is also one of the most objectionable people I have ever seen on tv.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is the idiot who made the casting choice for Parker Posey??? She is terrible!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if I understand your correctly, you're trying to say that you have an issue with Parker Posey?

Oddly enough, the best acting by far is by the children. The only actor with any real comedic timing is the Penny character. She's funny.

Another issue is the the over-acting of the Maureen character to reverse gender roles, e.g. she's in charge. But they only make her seem over-stressed and struggling rather than competent. Also it's constantly undermined. There's a scene where they have dinner, and as soon as John finishes eating he gets up and leaves, and then the next seen is Maureen doing all the dishes. Sigh. So much for reversing gender roles.
Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
So if I understand your correctly, you're trying to say that you have an issue with Parker Posey?

Oddly enough, the best acting by far is by the children. The only actor with any real comedic timing is the Penny character. She's funny.

I get nauseated every time she is on the screen. She is beyond awful!

You are absolutely correct. The children are stealing the show. Penny is awesome! She was a bit too whiny in the movie version (Lacey Chabert). But, this Penny is simply fantastic!

trail wrote:
Another issue is the the over-acting of the Maureen character to reverse gender roles, e.g. she's in charge. But they only make her seem over-stressed and struggling rather than competent. Also it's constantly undermined. There's a scene where they have dinner, and as soon as John finishes eating he gets up and leaves, and then the next seen is Maureen doing all the dishes. Sigh. So much for reversing gender roles.

Very good point. I like that actress, but, I agree with your assessment of her character.

Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find one of the most interesting adaptations to be Don West. He was Major Don West in the original series and the movie and was the pilot of the pilot of the Jupiter 2. Interesting to make him a mechanic. I really like the character. It is a bit cliche - the bad boy only out for himself, who sees the light and becomes a team player. But, I like the actor and like the character.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I find one of the most interesting adaptations to be Don West. He was Major Don West in the original series and the movie and was the pilot of the pilot of the Jupiter 2. Interesting to make him a mechanic. I really like the character. It is a bit cliche - the bad boy only out for himself, who sees the light and becomes a team player. But, I like the actor and like the character.

Same here. He became one of my favorite characters. His interaction with Judy (the doctor daughter) was entertaining
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I choked my way through it. Couple things:

1. Parker Posey is unwatchable and is a very, very unpleasant to view.

2. They never explained Judy. All we heard was John say she was not his biological daughter. Someone earlier said step-daughter. I did not get that. Sounded more like adoption by the Robinsons.

3. Having gravity on the Jupiter made absolutely no sense, despite the alien device.

4. How did the alien device get under the Chariot? Did Smith put it there? If so, why did she put it under the Chariot?

5. From where did the other robot come? He just showed up.

6. If more robots arrived to take the device off the Jupiter, why didn't the robots attack the Resolute again?

7. The Jupiters were unable to communicate with the Resolute b/c it lost its antenna. So, how was the Resolute able to communicate with the Robinsons? Victor was talking to the Robinson's Jupiter from the bridge of the Resolute, not from another Jupiter.

8. Who is the fucking idiot who cast Parker Posey?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To digress, what do you think about Parker Posey?

One could try and make the case for the casting to be spot on if it makes the viewer despise a character as such, but it’s too much that it’s become a distraction from the show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, who caught the Easter Egg? That is, who played the real Dr. Smith?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
To digress, what do you think about Parker Posey?

One could try and make the case for the casting to be spot on if it makes the viewer despise a character as such, but it’s too much that it’s become a distraction from the show.

The problem is, I don’t despise the character. I cannot see the character. All I see is Parker Posey ruining a key character.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The problem is, I don’t despise the character. I cannot see the character. All I see is Parker Posey ruining a key character.

How so? Being from ‘out of town’ I’ve not come across this actor before.

I guess the original was a dramatic man with a penchant for boys. Kevin Spacey?
Quote Reply
Re: Danger Will Robinson! [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:

If you look back to the start of the thread, you see a couple people questioning this casting even before the release. I agreed with those people. I have never cared for her as an actress and questioned whether she could pull off this role. She cannot. Dr. Smith is supposed to be deviously smart. She is not. Her acting is over-the-top, which is what I feared. It is so over-the-top, it is impossible to believe the Robinsons would have fallen for her act. There is no possible way mom and dad Robinson would not have seen right through her. At a minimum, they would have thought she was crazy. She is just a bad actress and plays that role horrible. In addition, she is remarkable unpleasant to look at. Her mouth is far too big for her face and she contorts it into that open-mouth frown all the time that is just ridiculous.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
mv2005 wrote:

If you look back to the start of the thread, you see a couple people questioning this casting even before the release. I agreed with those people. I have never cared for her as an actress and questioned whether she could pull off this role. She cannot. Dr. Smith is supposed to be deviously smart. She is not. Her acting is over-the-top, which is what I feared. It is so over-the-top, it is impossible to believe the Robinsons would have fallen for her act. There is no possible way mom and dad Robinson would not have seen right through her. At a minimum, they would have thought she was crazy. She is just a bad actress and plays that role horrible. In addition, she is remarkable unpleasant to look at. Her mouth is far too big for her face and she contorts it into that open-mouth frown all the time that is just ridiculous.

I've only got 1 episode left and initially, 1st episode, I thought maybe she won't be bad, she seemed pretty devious. Alas, I watched the next episode and her character didn't get better, she was just mean. There was no thought process to her actions other than survival and even that was by pure luck. After the ninth episode, I wondered how in the world someone as stupid as she appears could have gotten this far. The only thing she was considered "good" at was manipulating people and to me, I don't understand how an adult would fall for any of her shit. Will, being a kid, would be easier to sway but even her arguments on what he should or should not due seemed pretty transparent.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next