Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's
Quote | Reply
At this same point. Unbelievable but true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...oint-presidency.html
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing is unbelievable with Rasmussen polling. #MAGA!
Last edited by: oldandslow: Feb 21, 18 13:37
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this same point. Unbelievable but true.

Well, it certainly is unbelievable...

Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Nothing is unbelievable with Rasmussen polling. #MAGA!

Why are you mocking Rasmussen? Their numbers always seem so consistent with other polls..

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it would be safe to say that the Fox News poll should be his high water mark(43 for 53 against right now) and the lowest poll at this time has him at 37. So probably about 39 or 40 at the moment legitimately, certainly up from his low 30's where he was really crushing it(lowest ever poll for that time of year, winning!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never look at ONE poll and take it at gospel. Or news from ONE news outlet.

If we are looking at this same point in a first term of a president, it's important to note that Obama took over, the presidency, in the worst financial and economic times, since the Great Depression on the 1930's - the mood of the country is NOT the same as it is now.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just isnt true. In Rasmussen they have him as 48% approve, 51% disapprove (3% gap). The aggregate is at 53.9 disapprove and 40.6% approve (13.9% gap). Now i think their poll has been pretty consistent on having the 10% different gap than the aggregate poll. But it is def not true to say their ratings are consistent with the other polls. (not sure if the pink is for highlighting purposes, or for sarcasm).
Last edited by: patentattorney: Feb 22, 18 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
This just isnt true. In Rasmussen they have him as 48% approve, 51% disapprove (3% gap). The aggregate is at 53.9 disapprove and 40.6% approve (13.9% gap). Now i think their poll has been pretty consistent on having the 10% different gap than the aggregate poll. But it is def not true to say their ratings are consistent with the other polls. (not sure if the pink is for highlighting purposes, or for sarcasm).

Yes, pink is for sarcasm.

As you pointed out, Rasmussen's numbers are so far off everyone else's it's laughable.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Rasmussen is a tracking poll which is different than the common polls. They try to obtain a different metric than others (essentially just getting the ebs and flows). With that I think they are consistently around 10% points off.

THIS IS PERFECTLY FINE by their metrics of trying to see the standard ebs and flows over a period of time. BUT is a horrible indicator of actual polling.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If we are looking at this same point in a first term of a president, it's important to note that Obama took over, the presidency, in the worst financial and economic times, since the Great Depression on the 1930's - the mood of the country is NOT the same as it is now.

So, essentially, things could not have gotten worse, but, even with all his hope and change talk, people were not approving of what he was doing, or planning on doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Generally speaking, you don't want to cherry pick data points to make a comparison.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, essentially, things could not have gotten worse, but, even with all his hope and change talk, people were not approving of what he was doing, or planning on doing.

The economic mood of the country, I sense, was VERY different than it is now. Also, who was impacted the most, back in post 2009 was very different - Many Home-Owners (albeit ones in precarious financial state to begin with), and many in "middle-management" type of jobs were hit VERY hard.

It's different now - overall, some financial indicators and numbers with the U.S. economy are in never-been-better territory - others, are concerning worrying. This is impacting different groups, than in 2009.

My point is, if you zoom-out and look from higher up - it's not really a good thing to compare the two time periods - but many will - Trump supporters in particular, because with all due respect there is a tendency with many of them to just take things on face-value, and not look deeper into issues, polls, etc . . beyond the very surface information!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I never look at ONE poll and take it at gospel.

I agree with you. It was a sloppy post. I didn't believe it but didn't follow through and check other polls. It's not like me to do that. I'm a tad embarrassed actually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Different times indeed, but does that make it harder or easier Trump?

2 views:
Things were so bad when Obama took office, that things would improve no matter what he did, so he should have had a higher approval rating.
Things were so good when Trump took office, that he would really have to inspire confidence that things would get even better for a high approval rating.

OR

Things were so bad when Obama took office, that no matter what he did, people would still be miserable and blame him.
Things were so good when Trump took office, that no matter what he did, people would be happy and give him credit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
Fleck wrote:
I never look at ONE poll and take it at gospel.

I agree with you. It was a sloppy post. I didn't believe it but didn't follow through and check other polls. It's not like me to do that. I'm a tad embarrassed actually.

Well, you did say it was unbelievable - so we have to give you credit for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's approval rating higher than Obama's [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Things were so bad when Obama took office, that things would improve no matter what he did, so he should have had a higher approval rating.

That would be a frighteningly naive view. In 2008/9 we were precipitously close to an economic cliff edge. I don't know how history will remember Obama's last 7 years in office, but in that 1st year his administration help stop the US and world from slipping into a chain of events that could have made the Great Depression seem small.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply