Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Sad Story
Quote | Reply
Posted By Roswell Encina
Homeowner Killed During Home Invasion

MEMPHIS - Police say a South Memphis man was shot to death after he opened his door to two strangers.

"They knocked on the door and when he answered the door is when he was shot and they entered and robbed the occupants of the house," says Lt. Brad Newsom."

Police aren't releasing the name or age of the man who was gunned down. But they will say is that the two men are on the run.

Investigators have not released a description of the two suspects. But if you have any information on this deadly home invasion call Crimestoppers at 528-CASH.

Quote Reply
And Another... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Refugio man killed in home invasion
Aug 9, 2005, 5:59 AM EDT Local News more>> Neighbors want eyesore demolished
Beach coalition plans to fight proposed resort
House moves to tighten immigration law at border, workplace
POA wants new police chief
Kaelin enters sheriff's race
Toys for Tots still short of goal
Coworkers collect donations for fire victim
Robstown coach reassigned
Thieves steal Christmas decorations
City trying to curb vandalism at cemetery

BEEVILLE - A Refugio man was murdered during a late night home invasion. It happened around midnight Saturday at the Beeville home of the victim's mother. 55-year old Larry Anzaldua was shot three times by the two intruders. Now his family wants to know why.

An otherwise quiet night became one of terror inside a Beeville home. It began when two assailants broke through the front door waking the victim's mother and two brothers also in the house.

"We heard the crash of the door, and I thought it was my son, but it wasn't, it was those two guys," said Dolores Alvarado. They first pointed a gun at his mother and brother then went to the other room and shot Larry Anzaldua. "I was screaming so loud, I couldn't hear it, but my son in the next room heard the shots, so he shot three bullets at his door, and they started running out, they left."

The men demanded nothing and took nothing.

"I don't know why they wanted to kill my son. My son was a very good person, he had no enemies," Alvarado said.

"He was a good man...he didn't deserve this," said Nicole Artiaga. The Vietnam veteran was somewhat of a handyman, his family says he was always willing to help out. However, police suspect there might be another reason for the killing.

"We believe it was an isolated incident, and we suspect it was drug related," said Beeville PD Lt. Joe Trevino. "We found some narcotics and also some drug paraphernalia that was also inside the house." It's a side of Anzaldua his family can't accept. The uncle, son, and brother they know had no criminal history and therefore no reason to die.

Beeville police have not released information on the two suspects or the vehicle they were driving.

Online Reporter: Bart Bedsole

Quote Reply
Re: And Another... [NeedMoreEngine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More Top Stories From News-press.com
Construction worker killed in home invasion ID'd
Man's employer owns home in Thursday's shooting, injuring five

By The News-Press staff
Originally posted on November 26, 2005

DELIVERING YOUR WORLD
Subscribe to The News-Press
Signup for daily email news
Printer friendly version
Email this article

Few details emerged Friday in the shooting death of a man and the wounding of five others inside a North Fort Myers home early Thanksgiving Day.

Officials identified Jose Gomez, 25, as the man killed during the home invasion shortly after midnight Thursday, said Lee County sheriff's officials and his employer, Rafael Tinoco.

Tinoco said Gomez did construction for his Miami-based company, Carpentry Houses Corp.

Tinoco also owns the house at 18060 Nalle Road, where the men were shot.

"I could never have imagined that something as horrible as this would have happened," Tinoco said today. "It's a calm, peaceful area out there."

Three men broke into the North Fort Myers home at about 12:05 a.m. Thursday.

Before they fled, six men were shot. Five survivors were taken to area hospitals with various wounds, sheriff's officials said.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Ileana LiMarzi said she believed all five victims still were in the hospital Friday and that all were expected to live.

Detectives declined to release any physical descriptions for the suspects, except to say they are pursuing three men.

The motive remained unclear Friday as well. LiMarzi confirmed that some items had been stolen from the home. Detectives, however did not want to release what was taken because it might hinder the investigation, LiMarzi said.

Gomez is originally from Veracruz, Mexico, Tinoco said.

LiMarzi said Gomez had identification with a Miami address, but it was about two years old. He is believed to have been living at the Nalle Road address when he was shot, LiMarzi said.

Investigators in the medical examiner's office were not available because of the holiday.

Tinoco and one of Gomez's family members were making funeral arrangements Friday.

LiMarzi said detectives hoped more details will emerge in the next days.

— Staff writers Amy Williams, Grant Boxleitner and Brian P. Watson contributed to this report.
Quote Reply
Re: And Another... [NeedMoreEngine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Father, son killed in home invasion

Wednesday, January 14, 2004 Posted: 4:06 PM EST (2106 GMT)
Lilburn police at a roadblock at the murder scene of a high school wrestling coach and his son Wednesday morning.
Story Tools
YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS Atlanta (Georgia) Crime Schools or Create your own Manage alerts | What is this?

LILBURN, Georgia (AP) -- A high school coach and his 17-year-old son were killed in their home by an intruder, and police killed a suspect who had fled into a wooded area.

Bill Venable, 55, a head wrestling coach and special education teacher at Tucker High School, and his son, Bill Venable Jr., a senior at the same school, were killed late Tuesday, Gwinnett County police spokesman Dan Huggins said.

Lilburn is about 20 miles north of Atlanta.

The attacker was believed to have earlier broken into another home about two miles away, where he stole a car. Huggins said the man is believed to have chosen the two homes at random.

The two victims struggled with the attacker, police said. Venable's wife, Susan, was not hurt, said neighbor Delores Hendrix.

Lilburn police called Gwinnett County police for backup with a helicopter and police dog.

Huggins said the suspect, found in the wooded area, shot the dog, and officers returned fire, hitting the suspect several times. He died at Gwinnett Medical Center, Huggins said. The dog was expected to survive.

The suspect had not been identified Wednesday morning, Huggins said.

Tucker High School planned a moment of silence to remember the Venables, said Principal Scott Butler.

"It's hard to go in there right now because everyone is crying," junior Erica Ulmer said Wednesday.

Quote Reply