Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to stay near Glacier National Park
Quote | Reply
Anyone know some good places?Cabin/VRBO/Lodge's?
Last edited by: Fishbum: Feb 10, 18 20:05
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay near Glacier National Park [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stayed at 2 places in the area, both fantastic in different ways. On west side stayed in whitefish at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake. On the eastish side stayed at the Many Glacier Hotel. Check them out, beautiful area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be watching this thread as I'm planning a trip next summer and hope to do some camping. I was just checking out the Whitefish bike retreat and that looks promising. Also considering hiking to the Granite Chalet, but that looks really expensive for what basically sounds like a glorified shelter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What time of year are you going?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at the cabin next door to this one in 2016. This one was still under construction. Loved the location right outside the West Entrance. Great breakfast place right down the road and a convenience store that has everything you would need. Middle Fork of the Flathead literally across the street. Great place to have morning coffee or nighttime beers.

https://www.vrbo.com/1013492
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
West side, Belton chalets. No tv, no cell, marginal internet. Great kitchen and bar and a great breakfast place but the gas station.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay near Glacier National Park [derailleur'd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mid September
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
September should be an excellent time of year to go! I grew up a couple hours south of GNP, and spent a ton of time up there with the family. I've never stayed anywhere on the west side other than the Avalanche campground, but there is a lot of lodging both inside and outside the park. I'm a big fan of the east side of the park because it's a bit more quiet and remote. You may be able to get a reservation at East Glacier Lodge or Many Glacier Lodge.

If you are looking for things besides hiking and sightseeing in the park, I would recommend Whitefish because it has a lot of good restaurants and things to do. It's about 35 minutes from the West entrance.
Quote Reply