Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do people survive? Tax Edition
Quote | Reply
Part of my job is to produce tax forms for my company's employees. Each year I get hundreds of returned tax forms in the mail because people fail to update their home address with the company. Only sometimes does the post office say the forwarding date has expired (post office website says it will forward mail for one year). How do these people do their taxes? I get to tell them to update their home address with the company, I'm guessing less than 25% do since the numbers remain the same each year.

If the people elect to receive their forms electronically, they are so computer inept they cannot follow my step by step instructions to reset a password. I hear them say "It wants to send a one time passcode to an email ****doe@company.com, I don't have any stars in my email!" . I generally want to ask how these people do their daily jobs since they often times have college degrees and work on a computer.

Ok rant over....
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Feb 8, 18 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: How do people survive? Tax Edition [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: How do people survive? Tax Edition [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most tax programs will put the W-2 information off the web seamlessly, as long as your employer participates. All you need is the data on your last paycheck stub.

Or your company employs illegals or pays below the cut off to require filling

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: How do people survive? Tax Edition [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Most tax programs will put the W-2 information off the web seamlessly, as long as your employer participates. All you need is the data on your last paycheck stub.

Or your company employs illegals or pays below the cut off to require filling

Not if ADP does the payroll processing. I needed to provide information that is only on the W2 to download into TurboTax.
Quote Reply