Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Latest MH 370 weirdness
Quote | Reply
Obviously this continues to be one of the most fascinating mysteries of recent years.

Has anyone else been keeping up with the latest?

Huge ship with 8 subs is rented by mystery company with two directors both tied to a British billionaire who is - and this is the best bit - the father of one of Mumford & Sons.

Sets off to restart the search on what is reportedly a very lucrative no find / no fee contract with the Malaysian government which is probably a decent deal from Malaysia's point of view but an intriguing gamble on the part of the searchers as the search will costs millions of out-of-pocket dollars win or lose.

Ten days in it turns off its tracker and disappears, seemingly deliberately, for 80 hours.

Any bets what's going on?

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Latest MH 370 weirdness [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

really...i have no idea.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Latest MH 370 weirdness [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me either but at least one possibility is that they've found it at the bottom of the sea and don't want to broadcast the location until they're paid and have all the implications of going public lined up. In other words the least conspiracy theoryish theory out there.

If that's true the only question becomes how they developed a theory they felt strongly enough about to take this risk (and, to be clear, I'd expect the answer to be interesting science and nothing more salacious).

Either way, it's fun to follow.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Latest MH 370 weirdness [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be my guess either they found it and want the fee. Or they came up with a theory on where it may be and wanted to look without being tracked.

Also not sure how big of a billionaire he is but depending on what millions means, it could just be a gamble that’s not a big deal. If it costs 5 million and you’re worth 10 Billion it’s a rounding error just from invest income. Even only at a billion sitting in bank account you’re still making more than that in interest a year.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest MH 370 weirdness [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't buy the pilot suicide bit. Two very credible sources reported seeing a plane on fire at the approximate location MH370 was heading. That seems the most likely scenario. But then the Captain had the same route MH370 followed (into the Indian ocean) programmed in his flight simulator.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest MH 370 weirdness [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Net worth is listed as ÂŁ500m, so not really a billionaire at all, even when converted to dollars.

Interesting chap, made his money from hedge funds but also quite a philanthropist and thinker.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...l_Marshall_(investor)
Quote Reply