Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's a bitch. But sometimes it's a bitch with a great sense of humor.

http://www.independent.co.uk/...latest-a8196501.html

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The judge doesn't have to recuse himself? That's rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

Why should he? What is his conflict of interest? If he has to recuse himself you're just opening the door for any defendant who doesn't like his judge to spout a bunch of bullshit and then say the judge has to recuse himself.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you're saying super clown knew which judge would be named to preside over the case? As stupid as Trump is, I find it difficult to believe that even he would be dumb enough to criticize an eventual arbiter of his most prized political promise.
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This case was never, ever going to end at the decision of a district court judge. Ever. So:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Why should he? What is his conflict of interest? If he has to recuse himself you're just opening the door for any defendant who doesn't like his judge to spout a bunch of bullshit and then say the judge has to recuse himself.

There could be a case where a judge was the recipient of heavy criticism from an individual and later had to recuse himself from a case involving that person. But, that is quite rare and, as you correctly note, this is NOT that case.

Like you, I see no reason for recusal here.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

There could be a case where a judge was the recipient of heavy criticism from an individual and later had to recuse himself from a case involving that person. But, that is quite rare and, as you correctly note, this is NOT that case.

Still Karma, no matter how you try to cut it.
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Where did I disagree?

Quote Reply
Re: Karma [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Where did I disagree?

Aw shucks, I was just trying to bring out the lawyer in you. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Karma [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

Where did I disagree?

Aw shucks, I was just trying to bring out the lawyer in you. :-)

Listen dude, practice Buddhism, so I know Karma when I see it!

Quote Reply