Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: We've become N. Korea [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
Trump now wants military parades.

http://time.com/5136757/pentagon-donald-trump-military-parade/

Ugh!

OMG. Trump has stumbled onto another wedge issue to upset the snowflakes. The snowflakes melt and the rust belt voters cheer him on. Brilliant!
Last edited by: DJFaithful: Feb 7, 18 19:57
Quote Reply
Re: We've become N. Korea [DJFaithful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
Nova wrote:
Trump now wants military parades.

http://time.com/5136757/pentagon-donald-trump-military-parade/

Ugh!

OMG. Trump has stumbled onto another wedge issue to upset the snowflakes. The snowflakes melt and the rust belt voters cheer him on. Brilliant!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
Avago wrote:

there could be worse things that Trump does than start a parade....

One of those girls is wearing shoes with a strap instead of a full back.

Careful, considered scientific analysis reveals at least five different types of heels.

And an astounding proportion of blondes.
Quote Reply
Re: We've become N. Korea [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Avago wrote:

there could be worse things that Trump does than start a parade....

I grew on or around military bases. Never saw soldiers look that good.

I'm former military in Australia, and it's the same here.
Maybe there's something other than radioactivity in the waters of the Ukraine....
Quote Reply
Re: We've become N. Korea [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Expect you'll be changing your username to ThirtySixGoodLegs any minute now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
88% of people who responded to a Military Times (vast majority of readers are in or were in the military) poll thought the parade was a bad idea.

Mattis is going to have to tell the emperor he has no clothes eventually.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: We've become N. Korea [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
eb wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
On the other hand, seeing a couple heavy divisions trundle down a parade route would be so f**king cool. The average American has never, nor will ever, see such an amazing site. 1000 armored vehicles, and several times that in wheeled vehicles in each division. It'd be way cool.

I'd love to see that, too! Where I live, I regularly get to see Army convoys heading for training areas. Unfortunately there aren't too many tanks in the convoys, and when there are, they're on lowboys. That's just not the same, I'd much rather hear them turning diesel into noise!

It's fun to use Camp Pendleton for bike training. Have to occasionally stop for AAV and M1 crossings.
Being on the East Coast now, I don't often hear of Camp Pendleton anymore. And certainly not in the context of cycling.

In '83, in Camp Pendleton, I broke my back in a cycling crash. Not to go into the whole story, but once I regained consciousness, I found that I was in the middle of nowhere. I decided, in my somewhat addled state, that my only hope of succor lay in reaching a distant light. So I left the bike lane along I-5 and started crawling thru the bushes towards "the light". Dragging my bike, of course. Getting over a cyclone fence, 100m into the bush proved a trial, but not giving up, there deep in the bushes, seemed important if I was going to get found by someone other than archeologists. Eventually I got to a road, flagged down a car by crawling right into it's path in the darkness, and a fellow Marine took me to the base hospital. Took me and my bike, that is. That Benotto and I were tight.

In a month I was on a bike again, and in a couple months I was running.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: We've become N. Korea [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Being on the East Coast now, I don't often hear of Camp Pendleton anymore. And certainly not in the context of cycling.

It's got a rich history in cycling. And a bit of a dark history. Ironman CA (used to be full distance, now Oceanside 70.3) runs through Camp Pendleton. Also several smaller regional triathlons and duathlons. There used to be a Bulldog Bike Race, and that road race is where I feel in love hard with cycling after finishing 2nd one year. And there's a famous weekly Weds. morning group ride that's still very active for those who don't need to be at work before 10AM.

The dark part is that there have been several deaths and *lots* of bad crashes, particularly on the Weds. AM ride. I don't know why since there's nothing terribly dangerous about the roads or terrain. No pattern of blame - it's just a bit of a Bermuda Triangle for falling off bikes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next