Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl
Quote | Reply
So who's most likely to take a knee at the Super Bowl? My guess is, if it happens it'll of course be someone from the Eagles. Because it's necessary that every single aspect of our lives, including watching the Big Game on TV, be suffused with social justice (just another term for "seeking revenge," in my opinion), right?

You will be made to care. ;-)

Edit: To be fair, no Eagles player knelt for the anthem in 2017. Philadelphia was just one of 7 teams with a perfect "no-kneeling" record, while the Patriots had 17 incidents in 2017.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Feb 4, 18 13:08
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The knee is tired. Slactivism is for lazy cry babies. Get involved and make a difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
The knee is tired. Slactivism is for lazy cry babies. Get involved and make a difference.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i guess it was either Tolstoy or Michael Jackson's man in the mirror
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Because it's necessary that every single aspect of our lives, including watching the Big Game on TV, be suffused with patriotism

This is probably closer to the truth.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
Because it's necessary that every single aspect of our lives, including watching the Big Game on TV, be suffused with patriotism

Well, it was actually necessary. It was in the contract with the DoD.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Well, it was actually necessary. It was in the contract with the DoD.

Its still bizzare. So many people want to pretend its only the players taking a knee who are being political

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could literally feel all the eye twitching and knee jerking going on when Belichick and Foles started thanking God for the win. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
I could literally feel all the eye twitching and knee jerking going on when Belichick and Foles started thanking God for the win. ;-)

Its weird that god would worry about fixing a football game when there is so much wrong in the world he apparently hates. Weird.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
efernand wrote:

Its weird that god would worry about fixing a football game when there is so much wrong in the world he apparently hates. Weird.

My favorite cartoon on this was of a boxer, with his KO'd opponent lying in a pool of his own blood in the background, thanking God for his victory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Weird

No, mysterious.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
Weird

No, mysterious.

I stand corrected!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
So who's most likely to take a knee at the Super Bowl? My guess is, if it happens it'll of course be someone from the Eagles. Because it's necessary that every single aspect of our lives, including watching the Big Game on TV, be suffused with social justice (just another term for "seeking revenge," in my opinion), right?

You will be made to care. ;-)

Edit: To be fair, no Eagles player knelt for the anthem in 2017. Philadelphia was just one of 7 teams with a perfect "no-kneeling" record, while the Patriots had 17 incidents in 2017.

Chris Collinsworth - is that you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

You say that as if a player (or anyone else) can't do both... In fact many have; impugning them selectively on a message board is for lazy cry babies.
Quote Reply
Re: Taking a Knee at the Super Bowl [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Perseus wrote:

You say that as if a player (or anyone else) can't do both... In fact many have; impugning them selectively on a message board is for lazy cry babies.
By it's very nature slactivism implies not taking action.
Quote Reply