Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much are you guys paying to fly to St. Croix ???
Quote | Reply
I want to book my tix this afternoon. Best I found from Ottawa to STX is $886 CDN = $770 USD on Expedia. Any suggestions on some better prices?

By the way aside from Slick and Kus, any other ST dudes heading down ? It is so friggin cold up here that I need the motivation of a trip down south to get me through the winter training, given that I don't have that Boston marathon carrot hanging in front of my nose (temporary retirement fron non ironman marathons...)
Quote Reply
Re: How much are you guys paying to fly to St. Croix ??? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried searching http://www.cheapticketscanada.com

I have found some good deals on there in the past...it's nice since it searches charter, wholesale and international air carriers.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: How much are you guys paying to fly to St. Croix ??? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paid about $400 the past two years - Of course, I'm flying from Orlando to Miami and then to St. Croix. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anywhere from $400 to $600 from Chicago to Virgin Islands. Im looking at Tortola in mid may and its about $400. Have you tried orbitz or american airs website.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: How much are you guys paying to fly to St. Croix ??? [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys...cheaptickets.ca was $100 more. I just broke down, bit the bullet and hit submit on expedia.ca.

Knowing that I have a week in the heat, humidity, wind and hills of St. Croix will get me through the winter. It will also force me into the pool a bit as I don't want to take forever to get through the 2K swim with 10 ft chop...

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just booked last week Dev. Coming from Canada it was tough to find any real good options. Toronto is damn expensive to fly from. And there is no direct way to get there that I could find apart from Miami. I ended up flying from Detroit with a connection in Miami. The best deal I found was actually from the hotel I'm staying at (Buccaneer).. They worked me out a package deal but the flight was still ~ 800 US. Not cheap but it was better than anything else I found. The race itself looks like a lot of fun.. I love to see an old school tough race, and like you said, it keeps the motivation up through the winter. -ve 5 here today and 1/2 ft of snow ..... and climbing rapidly.

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: How much are you guys paying to fly to St. Croix ??? [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I am staying at the Best Western. I got a room with kitchenette for $85 per nite. Is the Buccaneer better ? As a point of reference, I am a VERY cheap traveller. The cheaper the better. Every dollar I don't spend today puts me one dollar closer to retirement and/or being able to eject from the high tech industry. All I need is a roof over my head, and close to race location would be good to avoid rental car etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Buccaneer was not cheap. If it was me travelling alone I would have went with a cheaper route, but my wife decided to make a vacation of it, hence the more expensive hotel. It was closer to 200/night. But at least they have good deals on the flights if you stay there.

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, instead of the buccaneer, get a room at the Comanche. I stayed there in 04 and it was right by the water. Right by the swim start and 1min wak from the registration. I paid something like $75 per night through an internet deal and had an awesome room with super small "balcony", a kitchen, and an upstairs bedroom. Not all cheap rooms come with an up- and downstairs, and kitchen, so just ask them.

http://www.usvi.net/hotel/comanche/

Also, food is VERY expensive over there. I would get the room with the kitchen, even if it costs a couple bucks more. Unfortunatly there weren't any pans and silverware in there. But if you know you can plan and bring some with you...well, that will put you $100 closer to retirement by food savings alone.

good luck at the race!

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev - you are going to SC to race for a slot in an IM race? or for the 70.3 champs?

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply