Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see if Muskoka and Peterborough continue to have qualifying slots while other independent races lose theirs.

On a somewhat related topic, I wonder why the 70.3 series has about 17 races but none are in Canada. Without Muskoka and Peterborough would there be any qualifying slots at races in Canada? If family connections are a factor, why isn't there a 70.3 race in Ontario?
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [Mark C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Thanks Mr. Jordan for joining our series and bringing your already sold out and successful race with you. Oh by the way, you can no longer purchase any slots to any IMNA races. Please send us the $25 per race entrant 70.3 licensing fee ASAP."

I assume that is just a slight exaggeration on your part, or is there some actual information for the number?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I forgot my <speculation> </speculation> tags! ;)

I was just guessing, but I will bet all of my marbles that 70.3 races are paying a license fee and it is probably proportional to the number of entrants.

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [Mark C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No apologies necessary. It is just that your post made me think about something I wasn't aware of, the potential that some of my race entry fee was going to some other corporation(s) for a licensing fee(s). I think GFT is making more sense all the time.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Management of CTA and EagleMan 70.3 have been asked to remove all references to IMNA QUalifier Slot allocations for 2006. WTC, owners of the Ford Ironman Triathlon World Championship and the trademaked M-Dot, are reviewing the policy regarding qualifier slots being available at races,

Current notice on Blackwater Eagleman website:

NOTICE: WTC has asked EagleMan 70.3 to Remove any reference to IMNA Qualifier Slots, as they review this policy. More to Follow

So, it is WTC that is reviewing the policy and stripped, or at least for the time being blocked, IMNA slots at various half IMs. IMNA is a licensee of WTC, but it is WTC that is calling the shots?

This seems to be leaving both RDs and participants not just out of the loop, but sitting on the curb.

Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [brokenspoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why allow a non-WTC or non-IMNA half IM to have some qualifying spots when you can make twice or more profit on your own IMNA branded half IM? or your extremely expensive IMNA branded IM qualifier?
And, why not push more slots to your fledgling 70.3 series to get it off the ground?
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The closest Ironman 70.3 series race to Canada will be the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon in Michigan. We have a bunch of Canadians signed up all ready! Come on down - go to www.steelheadtriathlon.com to sign up for the race. Z
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timberman 70.3 is pretty close to Canada as well, last time I checked:) 2.5 hrs to Montreal. Definitely FEELS close to Canada. 10 degrees right now...BRRRRRRR.....
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [KJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Stevens 70.3 is 90 miles south of the Canadian Border/Vancouver area.
Quote Reply
Re: No more qualifying slots through non M-dot events???! [KJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Timberman 70.3 is pretty close to Canada as well, last time I checked:) 2.5 hrs to Montreal. Definitely FEELS close to Canada. 10 degrees right now...BRRRRRRR.....

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone noticed. The qualifiers for IMNA events page has removed the 2005 list, and now just reads "qualifiers will be announced soon".
Quote Reply

Prev Next