Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Figure skating
Quote | Reply
Turned on the tv and this is what was on, has there been any advances in tricks/moves at all in the last 30-40 years? Looks like the save stuff they've always done, jump and spin. I get it, it is graceful and difficult. It just doesn't seem like they have made much progress in the last 30 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Figure skating [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously???

Where the hell have you been???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very happy they have made the sport safer. I'll never forget this scene. I still see it in my nightmares ...

Quote Reply
Re: Figure skating [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I'm very happy they have made the sport safer. I'll never forget this scene. I still see it in my nightmares ...

Rare footage of the little known “gulag Olympic trials” back in Stalin’s day.
Quote Reply
Re: Figure skating [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
JSA wrote:

Rare footage of the little known “gulag Olympic trials” back in Stalin’s day.

No, my friend, that is a look behind the Bamboo Curtain - North Korea. It is the infamous Iron Lotus!

Quote Reply
Re: Figure skating [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Supreme Leader was pleased.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turned on the tv and this is what was on, has there been any advances in tricks/moves at all in the last 30-40 years? Looks like the save stuff they've always done, jump and spin. I get it, it is graceful and difficult. It just doesn't seem like they have made much progress in the last 30 years.

Get used to it.

When the Winter Olympics is on, there are 20 other sports happening, but to NBC, the Winter Olympics are a giant figure skating competition! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Figure skating [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Get used to it.

When the Winter Olympics is on, there are 20 other sports happening, but to NBC, the Winter Olympics are a giant figure skating competition! :)

You know you love it ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:

Figure skating is one of the only sports in the Olympics not to move ahead with the times. They have tons of new moves, flips, back flips, better and faster turns, but they won't let any of it in. I'm thinking they don't allow flips because of safety, but that's BS considering all the other sports doing them.

I will admit the skating is mesmerizing. So graceful.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Figure skating [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

I will admit the skating is mesmerizing. So graceful.

It is. It truly is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having no idea about the sport what gets me is how subjective the scoring has to be. There has to be so much corruption in that sport.
Quote Reply