Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Trouble in Paradise?
Quote | Reply
There is some reported smoke that Bill Belichick is not happy with the NE Pats.
Apparently Tom Brady convinced Robert Kraft that Tom is good for another few years and that Jimmy Garappalo should be traded. Belichick was not amused - he developed Jimmy to be Tom's replacement and may have been counting on him to continue the dynasty.
Furthermore, its being said that Tom has apparently grown tired of Belichick's tough love style and feels the coach should be more positive and give Tom more praise. I think his 'trainer'/'life coach' (Alex Guerroro) may be the Patriots Yoko Ono.

Could we see a breakup of the dynamic duo in the off-season?
Would Bill Belichick sign on as a 67 y.o. coach somewhere else?
Would the Patsies implode without him? (The correct answer is yes. My fantasy involves him retiring/quitting, the Pats hiring Rex Ryan and the other AFC East teams getting their revenge for the next decade or so.)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Trouble in Paradise? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess you are referring to the article in ESPN? I thought it was pretty well written and pretty interesting too.
That said, it seems to be conjecturing a lot, and not sure what the sources were. Of course, it's the Pats, so most likely,
everything was said anonymously since anyone saying stuff like that would be fired immediately by BB.

What if the Bills recruited BB and/or TB12? How torn would you be? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Trouble in Paradise? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Guess you are referring to the article in ESPN? I thought it was pretty well written and pretty interesting too.

That said, it seems to be conjecturing a lot, and not sure what the sources were. Of course, it's the Pats, so most likely,
everything was said anonymously since anyone saying stuff like that would be fired immediately by BB.

What if the Bills recruited BB and/or TB12? How torn would you be? ;-)

The Bills should have gone after Jimmy Garappalo....
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Trouble in Paradise? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty certain that they would have never been able to get him. The trade was made outside of the AFC for a reason.
They've also made sure McDaniels wouldn't end up at the same place as Garoppolo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Pretty certain that they would have never been able to get him. The trade was made outside of the AFC for a reason.
They've also made sure McDaniels wouldn't end up at the same place as Garoppolo.

Pretty sure if the Bills get a strong quarterback, they will be set. Tyrod is not the answer... On a thread related note.. I dont think Brady has that many years left in him.. maybe 1-2 at most. The NFL will certainly be interesting in the next couple years with many of the "elite" quarterbacks getting up there in age. I don't see any of the younger ones stepping into the elite status anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Trouble in Paradise? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deshaun Watson may. Hard to say since the season ended abruptly but he was very impressive.
And Garoppolo is not that young but I'm sure the 49ers fans are going into the off season feeling hopeful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might as well link the article:
http://www.espn.com/...ernal-power-struggle

My take, as a Pats fan who's followed all of this closely: there is absolutely some truth to Wickersham's article, though he does blow things out of proportion. That spat with McDaniels in the Bills game? That's happened almost every year the past decade, Brady's hypercompetitive and sometimes it boils over, that includes screaming at his good buddy and long-time coordinator Josh McDaniels...they hug it out and everyone's good, it has nothing to do with the behind-the-scenes shit.

I think the Guerrero stuff is overblown. Everything I've heard and read suggests that Bill and the Patriots training staff want things done a certain way and Guerrero was stepping on toes the more players he had under him. Brady does his own thing wrt training and nutrition and that's never been a problem and still isn't. Guerrero was told there are limits to his involvement with the team and everyone is now working within that framework.

Where there IS and WAS an issue was with Jimmy Garoppolo, the heir apparent in Belichick's mind. He's running a football team and has always had his say on personnel and team decisions, Kraft has given him free reign and it's worked out incredibly well. In this case Bill's plan was to draft Brady's replacement in 2014-2016, let that player learn the ropes as Brady plays out his final few elite years then move on from Brady--whether that means retirement or a trade. The problem is Brady has refused to decline...how do you move on from the league MVP??? This offseason everyone thought hte Pats would trade Garoppolo but if you're Belichick and you see him as the future of the franchise why would you do that? No, he wanted to SIGN Garoppolo and numerous people have said as much. FINALLY, why would the Patriots trade Brisett if they were THEN going to trade Jimmy G seven weeks later? Belichick has long talked about having a competent backup in case the starter gets hurt - next man up, always having a backup plan. Belichick has talked glowingly of Jimmy G, he NEVER does that for anyone--even Brady. There have been very few instances of him gushing over players, he's talked very highly of Garopollo - a backup QB with 2 career starts - both during the year and after the trade.

Something happened this season to spawn the Garoppolo trade. All reports point to Belichick literally calling the 49ers and ten minutes later having an under-value trade for the player he believed woudl take over for Brady. Why the hell would he do this unless he was TOLD he had to move Jimmy G?

So I think there is absolutely something here, and there's a real rift between Belichick, Kraft and Brady. I have no idea how it plays out but I think Pats fans like I will see this as the year the dynasty died...if Belichick were allowed to keep Jimmy G, play out the seasons with Brady then trade Brady in the offseason we'd have a real shot of continuing the run. Now? Patricia and McDaniels will be head coaches. Brady will be 41. Belichick is probably pissed and even if he stays does he have the patience to build everything again--a Brady successor, new coordinators? No, I think this offseason either Brady is traded or Belichick is gone (or behind closed doors he and Kraft agree to a retirement plan for 2019/2020). And then who the hell knows...no clear successor at HC, at QB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tea the article too and enjoyed it. I thought it was a well written piece. I actually think Bellicheck will leave after this year and he made the trade as a get back at Kraft for making him trade Jimmy G. That way when he is gone, they are going to scramble to keep the team a playoff caliber team. It also sounds like they will lose at least 2 other coaches or coordinators too.

Brady's attitude and perception about injuries etc and his trainer sound a bit like Rodgers and his Scientology stuff. I bet Brady only plays 2 years more max, not counting if he gets injured playing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

I believe Cleveland was probably offering more. But no way he was helping the Browns out.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Kraft, Belichick and Brady. Trouble in Paradise? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Francois wrote:

I believe Cleveland was probably offering more. But no way he was helping the Browns out.

I'm sure he loves to see the Browns feeling miserable, albeit probably not as much as he loves seeing the Jets feeling crappy.
Seems that the recipe for success in the NFL is a huge chip on your shoulder (BB fired from Browns and Jets, Brady drafted 199)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Lions will take the Hooded one. We have QB for him, and he can draft another and start prepping him...

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I swore off schadenfreude for my new year's resolution, and with the Ravens implosion, the Trump book, and now this, I won't last a week.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply