Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anything good under the tree? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bought myself this today....

Snoplanks Asym Fish...

Asymmetrical, handmade.

Gets its first run tomorrow....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
50+ wrote:
Leaf tickets!!

Isn't that the Canadian equivalent of getting coal in your stocking? ;-)

Not anymore! GO LEAFS!!! :))
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Koala Bear wrote:
Some nice north face gloves, I’ve been having trouble with one of my hands becoming sore when out in the cold since I had surgery last year, so these will be very appreciated and used daily during the winter.

The other big one is a DJI Mavic Pro, which is proving to be a blast already (and we’ve only flown it inside (:

Lots more I could add, but overall at just been a very good day 😊

Be careful flying that indoors. But if your able to do that, you'll love it outside. I have a Phantom 3 Adv.
I was better than I thought inside, my dad had one incident ;)
It did turn out okay though (:

We took it out today and I made a little minute long video that I’ll post, it’s an absolute blast (:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a strict rule of $20 max and gifts for the kids must be educational.

We all pooled our money this year and bought my niece an ereader. She is a prolific reader and is now of an age where she looks after her stuff. My nephew just started an auto electrics apprenticeship so we all bought him tools.

I ask every year for a donation to cancer research and they normally honour it. We found my grandad’s war medals clearing out his house in the summer and got them mounted in a case for my dad. Probably the best present we have ever got him.
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve never heard the term bikepacking but it sounds like a great way to Tour in Canada or the U.S, with the roads being too dangerous. I’d far rather take my chances with bears than with cars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So yeah, this works soooo good....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought I’d share, this is the first little video I made with the drone (:

Just a couple minutes on my phone in the DJI app, I need to get a good video editing software now 🤷🏼‍♂️

https://www.skypixel.com/...noon?account=aks2017
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my Mavic for a while and I love it. Enjoy and stay legal and safe.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [bradword] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like it so far?

In the week I’ve had it it’s been a blast, and I’m getting more comfortable during every flight. One thing I noticed looking at the flight path from in that video, is it felt like I was flying so crazy far away, and when I looked at the map and my lcd display on the remote, it was I think 1000 or 1500 feet away at the furthest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful that confidence isn't replaced by careless. A lot of people do that and the next thing you know they lose the drone or cause damage to others. Not that I can't relate to that or anything....

I got my Phantom 3 pro a year ago and love it. Took it to Hawaii last month and got a couple of nice pics off the North Shore. Buy a car charger and a spare battery for when you travel with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it. I'm just bummed because my backyard is right on the edge of a NFZ because of a nearby airport, yet I can fly literally a few hundred yards in front of the runway at our baseball field. Sometime their zones don't make sense. Planes never fly over my house as I'm by a mountain. Oh well. Sometimes those things can be frustrating.

We were just in Florida over Christmas and I couldn't fly it hardly at all at the beach. One beach was always super windy (and had tons of gulls and I didn't want them to try to take it down) and another one was in an NFZ, sometimes that is a bummer. I have hiked with it and taken some pretty awesome pictures and videos. Love how portable it is.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your looking for a nice user chef knife check out Durbins Forge. He is a local knife maker that does kitchen style knives. I do hunting style so give Jerry a call from his web page if your interested.

For that matter check out any local knife maker if you want real quality that will perform better than the mass produced stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for sharing that

I followed a trip report from two guys riding adventure bikes up the CDT (Continental Divide Trail) on Adventure Rider and what really made their TR stand out was the main author had a drone (pretty sure it was a Mavic) that he could set in a sort of "follow" mode and it would track the two of them riding through the most amazing gorgeous scenery. I've ridden the CDT on my moto so it was so great to see that great scenery again. Only once did the Mavic fly into a tree while it was following his moto and somehow he managed to retrieve the drone.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
thanks for sharing that

I followed a trip report from two guys riding adventure bikes up the CDT (Continental Divide Trail) on Adventure Rider and what really made their TR stand out was the main author had a drone (pretty sure it was a Mavic) that he could set in a sort of "follow" mode and it would track the two of them riding through the most amazing gorgeous scenery. I've ridden the CDT on my moto so it was so great to see that great scenery again. Only once did the Mavic fly into a tree while it was following his moto and somehow he managed to retrieve the drone.

/r

Was it this one?

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Jan 3, 18 16:42
Quote Reply
Re: Anything good under the tree? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well i'm not sure of Dan's stance on pointing to other specific locations on other specific websites [i may have already F'd that up and will go back and edit if chastised] so all i will say is: 'isn't google amazing.'

That's some pretty beautiful parts of Murica! those two dudes ride thru isn't it? That Mavic drone with the follow function really adds a new dimension to TR's

For me it was almost like reliving my '12 ride up the CDT on my Bavarian camping tractor.

take good care and keep the rubber side down

/r

Steve
Quote Reply

Prev Next