Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Optygen?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried this and saw any inprovements? Or any other feedbacks?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Optygen? [aliengin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a Forum search.. You'll find most in the group think it's a scam or at least not has advertised.

Paul

Last edited by: El Kabong: Dec 12, 05 11:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
waste of money IMO

I posted my experience with it about a year or year and a half ago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the main ingrediants is Rhodiola. You can get it for about 1/5th of the price if you want to try it.

A good friend of mine works for MediHerb, and produces Rhodiola. I've tried his brand at his suggestion and it seemed to help with recovery more than anything, but there are WAY too many possible causes for me to blame it on the herbs.

To summarize, don't buy Optygen, it's overpriced Rhodiola with a few other exotic (read expensive) herbs.
Quote Reply
Thanks a lot guys [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it sounds too good to be true....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is certainly not scientific, peer-reviewable or otherwise supportable in any way. Also, I am not paid, endorsed, reimbursed or financially or otherwise compensated for my views. [Plese insert your own additional disclaimers here]. I wasn't even going to post, but the prior 2 responses were so negative I thought I would give you my experience: I have used the VERY EXPENSIVE stuff in the lead up to 2 races. I only started becasue my training partner/nemesis was doing so and I found out. I used it as recommended on the bottle for the month prior to each race (these were what I would consider "important" races to me). In both, I posted times better than I exected, and felt great doing so (an IM and a marathon). Along the way, there were a couple 10Ks, a half marathon, a half IM and an olympic distance race where I also had PBs that were done as training, or less important, races with less or no taper.

Like I said, this is not a study. My buddy was using the stuff, and swearing by it for recovery and a general feeling that he was less "beat up" during big training volume. He kept using it and was able to train more and better. I told him it was hocus pocus and he admitted maybe it was - but the hocus pocus was in the result - I wasn't going to not at least try it based on his recommendation - No clue why, but it- or POSSIBLY THE PLACEBO EFFECT ON ME - certainly worked. Either way, I'll take the result.

YMMV, advice is worth what you pay for it, use at your own risk, caveat emptor, let the best man win, I may be a fool and not know what I am talking about [more disclaimers].
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks a lot guys [aliengin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not going to come out so strongly opposed to it. Maybe it is too good to be true.

However, I think there is a certain "anti-supplement" bias on this forum. People post questions about First Endurance products and EAS products all the time and hardly anyone ever responds. I strongly believe many people have tried them and are currently using them but don't want to say so for fear of people saying "Oh, well that's why you placed X in Y race."

I used Optygen 2 years ago and had some great training, yes there were other variables, but they were few as I am a pretty routine based person. If it wasn't for the price I will use it still.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply