Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thank you Grand Haven, MI
Quote | Reply
I just got back from a trip to Grand Haven, MI for a weekend swim clinic.

The participants were eager and ready to learn and question me on my method of instruction.

The local Y gave us a tremendous amount of pool time and provided us with all the equipment we needed to get the job done.

The food and drinks were great.

If anyone wants to spend some quality time in the warmer months you will have some great scenery and very friendly training partners.

Thanks,

DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Grand Haven, MI [DougStern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was this the 3Disciplines swim clinic?

There will be a 1/2 IM in Grand Haven this coming season hosted by 3D. And you are right, the place is awesome, even if the Lake turns over race morning and the water is 51 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Grand Haven, MI [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, this was a Doug Stern Swimming Clinic! Complete with Stern's distorted view of learning and swimming.

DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second that and add a thank you Doug Stern.

Now I'm desperate to get back in the pool and work on all the new stuff. My hips will be rocking, my elbows high, my hands down, my breath quick and to the side by the time we get to Curacao. I also have a feeling that Doug is a really beautiful dancer and I'll enjoy watching him dance.

Grand Haven is really beautiful and the locals really appreciate their city. I know I'm going to try to get back next summer. Any chance I can talk ya'll into changing your tri to an August race?

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear that the clinic went well for you in Grand Haven, Mi. Maybe next year we can get the Wayne State thing figured out. Will you do another clinic at this time next year in Michigan?

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Grand Haven, MI [bikesportgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sarah,

Give an invite, get the pool and people and I'm there.

DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back at ya Doug - Thank you. I am working on making it a regular thing and will be in touch. Happy Holidays.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Grand Haven, MI [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We go north for some tris in August. The Petoskey one is great (8/20). If you are interested you have a place to stay.
Quote Reply