Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
But if it had been a white kid telling that joke, there'd have been hell to pay in most classrooms. White males are only allowed to joke about white males.

No. Not in real life.

See my example above.

Btw, those Mexicans I joke with? They call me Nazi, aryan and other things like that.

But they’re joking too.

Most people aren’t like Kleenex and Katy. But enough are to always be ready for them and shut them the fuck down hard and fast.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb

Re: DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]

Tri-Banter wrote:
Do you laugh at ethnic jokes, like Polish or Jewish or black jokes? Do you think they are funny and harmless, too?
---

I was working in an inner city school where I was the only white person in the room. This was a fairly great group of kids with high levels of intelligence and great senses of humor. During one of our down times, we took to telling some jokes. My contribution was "A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel hanging out of his crotch. The bartender asks him if he knows he has a steering wheel hanging out of his crotch. He says, 'Aye, it's driving me nuts'" (<-- Note: Use a rough, piratey voice when you tell the punchline.)

This excellent young black man starts off his joke, "Why don't black people like to go on cruises?" I have no idea. "We ain't falling for that again". The entire room busts out laughing, including myself. No one was offended nor uncomfortable. Why? Because it was hysterical and we were comfortable enough with each other to understand that the race in the joke doesn't make it racist. It's okay to make jokes and laugh, so long as the point wasn't insult but humor. It's on the path to healing. My teenagers got it. So can you.

Funny joke. What was the stereotype being played on there? None, right? Do you see the difference between that joke and a joke that plays on a stereotype of Poles, or Jews, or blondes?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"

Re: DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS [klehner] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
What was the stereotype being played on there?

That black people came here as slaves.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb

Re: DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS [ In reply to ]

i can't imagine why this thread should continue to have any further life.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next