Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Drag Suit
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about purchasing a dragsuit. Does anyone swim in them? Pros/cons? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag Suit [catmandu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pro: the drag pouches double as bottle cages ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How fast are you swimming now? Drag suits really only help swimmers at closer to the top end of the spectrum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why bother? Just swim faster.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Drag Suit [NMath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<How fast are you swimming now? Drag suits really only help swimmers at closer to the top end of the spectrum> Not very fast. I kind of figured that I need to work on my form,and speed before I buy a dragsuit,but I just thought I'd throw the question out there. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
speedo makes good training suits, you dont need those pockets at all. speedo has a bathing suit with an outer mesh lining. provides just enough resistance while training.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the product development & marketing teams have been digging around at the bottom of the idea bucket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been doing an experiment with a drag suit (actually just a pair of baggy board shorts) for a couple months. Typically use it for 2 of 3 swims per week. My observations so far...

1. People who normally wear board shorts in the pool always try to race me to the other end - heads up, no goggles, Dukes of Hazard like swimming (after the General Lee goes into the crik).

2. My lane mates have something else to laugh at besides my nose plug.

3. I'm still faster than Kyle.

4. More seriously now, I find it better that paddles or a buoy for developing some power - body position stays the way it should.

5. I also found that I'm now faster at the lower end, say ironman pace, but the top end hasn't really changed much (100 sprints about the same).
Quote Reply
Re: Drag Suit [mike_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree completely with Mike. His nose plug is pretty funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag Suit [mitchapalooza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only use the nose plug to keep the snot in.
Quote Reply
Re: Drag Suit [mike_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What really scares me is when you and Lappy start 'training' together...(nose plug, drag suit et all)

Kyle Marcotte
Team Timex Multisport
http://teamtimex.timexblogs.com/ - http://calgarytriandbike.blogspot.com/ - http://twitter.com/dukyle/
Quote Reply