Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

17 straight days of running
Quote | Reply
My coach and I are doing a run focus, and I just finished my 17th day in a row of running (I'm not running tomorrow). 106.675 miles for an average of 6.275 miles per day, with a high of 12 and a low of 4. I think I've run this much in 17 calendar days before, but I've never run this many consecutive days before (previous high was six). And I feel great! No major aches or pains! Hooray!

How many consecutive days have others done for swim, bike, or run?

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Last edited by: CCF: Dec 11, 05 17:56
Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
14 swimming, will be 19 by the end of this week

2 biking... hahaha

5 months or so running.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 months of running every single day? Around 150 straight days of running? That's insane!!

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is now swimming a lot because she has a stress fracture. Just something to consider...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not bad... I've gone 4 month missing just 3 days of running... yes, I find it unbelievable too ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure hope you're not talking about the last 4 months : )

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you do it? I mean, learn to love running? I loathe running, and only do it, because it comes with a tri.....

Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely not!

DISCLAIMER: The reason I haven't run much these past few months is not related to the running apparel that I have been using, which is the best I have used in all my life

;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 months running? holly god thats alot.. for 18 y/o? I know guys on our team who are logging 80-90 miles/week but its 13 days on, 1 day off.
I'm in a semi run focus right now.. its 4 days on, 1 or 2 days off :), but also swimming abit
.. my milage this week was 65 km.. highest ever, but then again, i can run a 17min 5k on under 30km a week.. so i can't wait to see what this 60 km week will do for me. I tend to just get sick so i usually have the standard 1 day off a week.. seems to work. But I also think they'res something to be said about JFT!
Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it actually hasn't been the last 5 mths. It was before I started working with a coach of any sort and didn't know a thing about training. I didn't get hurt, but I wasn't doing anything of great intensity, either.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 months of everyday running might be frightening to y'all, but in lots of people from the old school consider that normal. I would have to dig up some old training logs to be precise on the numbers, but I promise you that 9 or 10 months of running without missing a day was common place, and not just for me.

--------------------------------------------------------
Rebuilt with twice as many titanium parts as Portland79.
Quote Reply
Re: 17 straight days of running [GO548] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just to give you a taste of old school perspective, i had a 4-1/2 year+ streak in 85-90. Not necessarily recommending that, as quality tended to suffer a little.

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Friend who runs for Morehead State...only time he doesn't run is when severly injured....last few weeks of running..116, 94, 106, 110, 104, 112, 105....26 miles on 1.5 days thus far this week

Here is his log.

http://www.logarun.com/view.aspx#

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply