Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN
Quote | Reply
In 2006 the Tour De Georgia will venture into Chattanooga, TN and every cyclist in town is thrilled beyond belief. I actually think that most folks here are excited about hosting the April 20th timetrial. Rumor has it that this TT will have a tough climb in it and will make for some awesome spectating. Plus the next two days will have all the tough climbs in it. If anyone here needs suggestions on where to stay and where to ride, we can start loading this thread up.
Plus of course we can give you all a great factory tour here too.
Cheers,
Herbert
Litespeed / QR
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm all over it. How big is your guest room?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds awesome...wish I could make it for the tour and the "tour". The new Tour of California is going to finish its first stage in my town (Santa Rosa, CA) if Feb of next year so I share your excitement. Many big teams coming...Disco, T-Mobile, etc.

It really is a cool thing to see cycling on the rise here in the states. Maybe there is still hope for us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Rumor has it that this TT will have a tough climb in it
Yeah - make them TT up Lookout Mountain where you guys hold the monthly TT!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert -

Any suggestions on where to stay? I've never been to Chattanooga, can't wait to check it out during the TdG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds awesome. I went to college at the "Castle in the Clouds." As I recall, the roads going up Lookout Mountain were nicely smooth and really windy. I think that would be a great venue for the Tour de Georgia. Also, I think you have a local rider (Eddy Hilger) in ChattaVegas that I think should be included in the next Tour de Georgia.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [TriFloyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I remember calling Covenant College "Castle in the Clouds" when I was a kid. And I thought that was just a family appelation we gave to it.

For those in need: Downtown Chattanooga has most if not all of the major hotel chains. Book early though.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [trimichael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Any suggestions on where to stay? I've never been to Chattanooga, can't wait to check it out during the TdG.[/reply]

A good resource is www.chattanoogafun.com
They have lots of of listings for hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants etc.

But here are a few which I like and came to my mind in terms of location, right in the heart of downtown:

Courtyard by Marriott/Downtown
200 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: (423) 755-0871

Hilton Garden Inn
311 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: (423) 308-9000

Read House Sheraton
827 Broad Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: (423) 266-4121

Plus two really neat bed and breakfast places:

The Bluff View Inn
800-725-8338
www.bluffviewartdistrict.com

The Stonefort Inn
423-267-7866
http://www.stonefortinn.com

Herbert
Litespeed / Quintana Roo
Last edited by: Herbert: Dec 6, 05 12:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Climb of Nickajack Road is going to hurt.

The course looks great and will showcase some of the great riding Chattanoga has to offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you still participating in the winter race (friendly) series in Chatt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is great for y'all, but it sucks big time for me. I live in the southeastern corner of Georgia, and I love watching the TT stage. It's one of the highlights of my year. Rome, the previous TT site, is a very long way from home, and Chattanooga is even further. It's going to be a seven hour drive for me to get to the TT this year. I'll probably still make the trip on April 20; it will just be that much longer of a trip.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, we need to plan. Herbert brings us into the factory...who is going to tie him up while the rest of us take bikes?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm game. I could use a titanium frame.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Are you still participating in the winter race (friendly) series in Chatt?[/reply]

The guys who started it are getting ready again to have a few of those neat winter duathlons. Always fun and great to hone transition skills.
I'll keep you posted.
Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Georgia comes to Chattanooga, TN [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Okay, we need to plan. Herbert brings us into the factory...who is going to tie him up while the rest of us take bikes?[/reply]

That would be a great plan if I was the only person working here. :-)
But on a more serious note, how about if we get a good group together for Saturday's Brasstown Bald stage? Last year we drove about an hour and rode our bikes for about 60 miles. We saw the peloton twice, first up Unicoi Gap and then up Brasstown Bald. It was really cold, but it was a great workout and we were able to see a fantastic race. Well worth the trip.
Cheers,
Herbert

Litespeed / QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can count me in, I've gone each year.
Quote Reply