Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vegas riding - I gotta get out of the snow
Quote | Reply
It's only the first real week of bad weather in SLC, and already I can't take it. That's a bad sign.

Thinking of throwing the bikes (road & MTB) in truck and heading to Vegas next weekend. Being that I've never gone to Vegas for anything other than climbing at Red Rocks in the winter, I have no idea where to ride. Looking to do 2-3 60-80 road rides and 1-2 single-speed MTB rides.

Suggestions???
Quote Reply
Re: Vegas riding - I gotta get out of the snow [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
road --

*red rock scenic loop is nice. but short. light traffic. free on a bike.
* valley of fire. about 50 miles outside of vegas.
* shoreline road at lake mead.
* mt charleston. there will be snow at altitude.
* there are several bike clubs in the valley, most have rides on the weekends.
* when i lived there, i liked to ride the strip. dangerous? probably. but i thought it was fun.

mtn --
* a lot of people mtn bike at bootleg canyon in boulder city. on a single speed, id stay away. it's very technical. more for the DH crowd.
* blue diamond would be fun on a single speed. lots of rollers, but no significant climbs. not too technical.

leaving vegas, i never thought id miss it. but, damn, it gets cold in colorado; and i do, miss vegas that is. i havent ridden outside in almost 2 weeks.

take care. have a good trip. skip the wynn, it's nothing to get excited about. and you have to buy a ticket to brouse the ferrari-maserati dealership (unless they've changed that asinine policy)>

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Vegas riding - I gotta get out of the snow [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JCurtis has it dead on. I live in Vegas and he's pretty much hit all the best places to ride. You can always do the entire Silverman course and see how tough it really is too. Hope you have a good trip.

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply