Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinergy X-Aero problems?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else having trouble with Spinergy X-Aeros?

I bought a Caliente in June that came with them. A few weeks later a couple of rear spokes loosened to the point of rattling. It apparently happened while it was just sitting in the house, as all was fine on the previous ride. The dealer re-tuned the wheel for me.

I found the same situation again last night, and the wheel wouldn't rotate without sticking on the brake pad. When I tried to tighten the spoke enough to use it on the trainer this morning, it just pulled out of the hub.

I'm waiting for a reply to my e-mail to the dealer, but for now i don't like the idea of taking those things out on the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy X-Aero problems? [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had a set of Spinergy Xaeros for about 2 years with appx. 2,400 miles on them. No problems whatsoever. Still as round and true as the day I bought them. Did you get them used? Perhaps someone tightened the spokes on them without the proper tool?
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy X-Aero problems? [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I have had a set of Spinergy Xaeros for about 2 years with appx. 2,400 miles on them. No problems whatsoever. Still as round and true as the day I bought them. Did you get them used? Perhaps someone tightened the spokes on them without the proper tool?"

Wheels were new, and I can't imagine this particular shop did anything odd with them. Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy X-Aero problems? [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought some about 2/3 years ago. Arrived out of true, needed truing every 200 miles (the back wheel in particular). Hub came loose at 400miles and exploded at 600. Returned them.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy X-Aero problems? [Lionel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this has been covered here before, I made a few posts about these wheels in the past. I had the same issues, spokes loosening and rear hub crapping out on me. I ended up getting the rear wheel replaced by Spinergy (which now doesn't match my fron wheel) at the end of last year. The wheels have not been used yet but I just bought Ksyriums so I doubt they'll ever be used again.
Quote Reply