Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Atlanta Training Facilities
Quote | Reply
It would appear that I will be spending some quality time holed up in a yet to be determined Buckhead hotel. Most of the hotels have serviceable gyms but not lap pools. As such, I was hoping for some insight into available training facilities (gyms, pools, running parks) in and around Buckhead that I could access easily and for a daily fee where applicable.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Atlanta Training Facilities [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The U.S. Master's Swimming website www.USMS.org has info on swim training facilities. If you are a USMS member, you can usually drop in on practices (some teams charge you and others don't.)
Quote Reply
Re: Atlanta Training Facilities [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived in Atlanta for nine years (just moved last year). You have several options for lap pools. If you have a car, I would recommend Dynamo. It's a swim-only facility with an indoor and outdoor pool. It's like $3 or $5 a visit and about 10 minutes north of Buckhead. The website is http://www.dynamoswimclub.com/.

I liked running the streets of atlanta. The marathon, which was also the Olympic course, runs from Turner Field through midtown, buckhead and a little north. Other less street-like options are Piedmont Park which is about 3 miles south of Buckhead in midtown. You could run there or take MARTA. Also good is the Chatahoochee River parks. There are a ton of different entrances and most runners go there occasionally. The one on Columns drive gets all of the triathletes as well for biking.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck and have fun - it's a great city.
Quote Reply
Re: Atlanta Training Facilities [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot, this was very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Atlanta Training Facilities [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just did a run at Columns today!

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply