Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Plaza Motel...Penticton, BC???
Quote | Reply
So my family made reservations at the Plaza Motel on main street in Penticton for IM Canada. Anyone have any experiences or comments about the place. Even if you just remember seeing it...there's no picture or anything on the internet of it. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Plaza Motel...Penticton, BC??? [ncrunner24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed there in 2000 as a last resort (pun intended). I'd keep the reservation but keep looking. Try 800-663-5052 for Penticton tourist accomodations. The Plaza is cinder block construction so the rooms are pretty dank & musty smelling. The room we had had 2 bedrooms that were so small you could only walk along one side of the bed. Kitchen area was scary - didn't use it. Location is good but I think you can do better if you keep looking. I heard there are still rooms at Apex Mtn Resort. Bit of a drive but nice & quiet; some altitude doesn't hurt either. I stayed at the South Shore Motel in OK Falls last year. That worked for me. They're at 250-497-5460
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would stay away for Apex if you are racing... just too much of a hassle packing up the bike/wetsuit/runners every morning to hit penticton.. then worrying about your stuff sitting in the car. You want something close to town so you can rest your mind and your body.

Keep that res. but keep looking like milo said.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at Apex this year and would not stay again. Felt very isolated. The winding mountain road is fun the first couple of times but two round trips a day is very tedious. Try skahalake.com if you cant get anything in penticton.
Quote Reply
Re: Plaza Motel...Penticton, BC??? [milo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what was scary about the kitchen?? it's cheap and close which are big factors for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basically it was dirty - dishes, stove, etc. still had food remnants from previous users and a few bugs if I remember right. I guess it's all relative and if you cleaned up it wouldn't hurt anyone. My wife kinda freaked and wouldn't use it to feed the kids. Acutually, I didn't think it was that big a deal. The location is good and you could do worse room-wise. Like I said before, keep the resv and if you don't find better, no worries. Good luck in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Plaza Motel...Penticton, BC??? [milo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the info! it's a little scary these days when someplace doesn't have a website
Quote Reply