Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: run race with brother? [PatchesMcHooley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just sign him up yourself. And start him training with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great! Thanks for the update, I love happy endings. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: run race with brother? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
an even better ending will be when i can convince him to take up swimming and biking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first ever triathlon (an Oly) more than 20 years ago with my sis who's 2 years older than me. She was a top 10 swimmer and better than mid pack cyclist but not much of a runner. I didn't catch her until the 6K mark and when I did, I blew past her with a kind word, and left her in my dust.

I wish now I had run it in with her. She was kind of deflated after leading all the way and she never did another tri.

I was a pretty selfish kid in those days. Live and learn.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband got his mother and unmotivated sister to "run" a 5k. We raced the 5k and ran back to run them to the finish. My then 59 year old mother inlaw beat here 33 year old daughter by 5 minutes, but she still made the distance while many were sleeping. We finished in 19 and 20 minutes and the rest finished around 33 and 38. This gave us a nice easy cool down, but I was having trouble running as slow as my sister inlaw. We have a picture of the sister, me and my 12 year old dog nearing the finish with the police car in the back.

We done the same for his mother and father in other 5ks. Both have done tris. Sister gave up running.

Prev Next