Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Value of Vertical Kicking?
Quote | Reply
I ended my short swim last night w/ some vertical kicking, arms crossed over chest. That feels great for about 10 seconds. Then, as a sinker, it's a solid challenge for about another 20 or so before I grab for that comfy wall. I probably went for a total of 2 meager mins. Definitely feel it in my hips/groin today.

Valuable? Worthless? My knee has kept me off the bike/run for a month, and even flat kicking has been a problem. For whatever reason, vertical kicking didn't seem to bug it.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Value of Vertical Kicking? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for leg strength.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our masters coach have us do these after killer main set's up to 5 minutes. It's quite the sight.
Quote Reply
Re: Value of Vertical Kicking? [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F-f-f-f-f-f-f-five minutes? Straight? No floatation aid like a small kickboard under your crossed arms?

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Straight... Most throw on the zoomers though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We do them once in a while 8x2 minutes alternating kick styles. Fun, fun, fun. Just about as fun as those days when we do 50 situps and 20 pushups between 100's.

Looking like a color blind super hero!
Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no easier way to work on proper foot mechanics while kicking.

Vertical kicking is possibly THE ONLY way to fix someone's kick timing when they have that all screwed up. You can read Emmett Hines' thoughts on the matter here in his bottom up swimming series of articles.

http://www.h2oustonswims.org/articles.html
Quote Reply
Re: Value of Vertical Kicking? [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Straight... Most throw on the zoomers though.

Pffff. Sissies.

Quote Reply