Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [samchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big limiter for me was that it had to be a folding mill. Didn't have a ton of room for non-folding. That combined with budget really left me with limited options so not much experience with other models. Mostly commercial models at the various gyms, fitness centers, etc.

Honestly, from my limited research, sounds like better service & longevity are the big advantages over C1750. The deck is plenty soft and the unit not that loud.

If I were to buy now, the feature I'd be most interested in is a CSAFE port or a BT compatible mill as I see trainerroad, zwift, and others heading in that direction before long. (If trainerroad came out with a running service tomorrow I'd be sorely tempted to upgrade.)

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [samchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
samchi wrote:
How have you felt after doing the 3% at 7:30min/mile? Is it much of a workout?

Also curious in your purchasing decision, did you try other treadmills and if so how different they felt to you? Thanks!

Sam

I have to admit that when I discovered that speed limit I decided not to bother trying to run that slow on the decline. It wouldn't have been any benefit to my workout to be constantly "braking" down the hill to keep at that pace.

I have run on other treadmills since (some of the fancy ones listed above) and while I can say that they *can* feel nicer I couldn't figure out why their prices were THAT much higher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Landice L7. Have had it for over a year now and love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [feedthereed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with the Nordictrack 1750 like a few others here. I checked out the Landice L7, but was nervous that the size was too small (it's 20" wide - I didn't care about the length as much because I'm only 6' tall). I liked the L8, but the money was just too much for my budget, and every review I read seemed to love the 1750. I figured I could by 3 of the Nordictrack before I caught up to the price on the L7 or L8.

For me, the review that I found most useful was this one: http://www.treadmillreviews.com/...50-treadmill-review/. I didn't really like the consumer reports stuff, as they have failed me in the past with a lot of things. I also found a coupon online, but I can't remember the site and can't find it now - just Google coupons and you should be able to find one (assuming you want the 1750).

The other problem I had is that I couldn't try the Landice out before I bought it. I was able to test run the 1750 at Sears, but their prices didn't beat the online price so I then ordered it from Nordictrack (sorry, Sears).

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [WishICouldRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it matter if it is a older Landice L7? I just looked online and found one near me for a good price, just an older model, but I want to pick it up if its good. Thoughts?

-Cervelo-Shimano-Asics-NormatecMVP-GU-BlueSeventy-XlabUSA-Skins-Polar-Vittoria-Trico Sports-Skins-3T-CarbonPro Sports-Pioneer PowerMeter-BodyArmor-TriTats-
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [Paul Timman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 10 year old Landice L7. Between me and the mrs, it probably gets used 5 days a week, twice a day on average in the winter. I have never had it serviced or done anything to it except (very occasionally) wipe off the salt.

Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [Paul Timman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally don't like buying this stuff used...just makes me nervous as I don't know what kind of care or abuse it's been through. I just would stink to spend a few $K on a treadmill and then always have problems with it with no recourse since you bought it used somewhere.

Just my $.02
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [WishICouldRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WishICouldRun wrote:
I personally don't like buying this stuff used...just makes me nervous as I don't know what kind of care or abuse it's been through. I just would stink to spend a few $K on a treadmill and then always have problems with it with no recourse since you bought it used somewhere.

Just my $.02

I also wouldn't buy used for something like this. If you're a hobby jogger, and are only going to use it for light walking occasionally, sure, go used. But for most dedicated triathlete/runners, you're going to work on that thing, so you really want no surprises. TMs are pretty durable to begin with, but they're large enough that any needed service gets to be both pricey and a pain in the rear.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2, 16 years, still works like new.

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my first treadmill about 6 months ago, a Nordictrack C970 Pro. I've had no issues with it thus far. I could care less about all the fancy gimmicks that are on treadmills these days. I wanted something that wouldn't break down, would quickly get to the desired pace, and would be powerful enough for serious interval training. I'd recommend reading a ton of reviews at treadmillreviews.com.

I would have liked to get something in your higher tiers but settled with a cheaper option because I wasn't willing to spend thousands on a treadmill. Whatever you do, don't pay MSRP on a treadmill! I couldn't believe the difference between the prices each brand put on their treadmills compared to what you can easily find them for online or costco. It's normal for treadmills to be sold at 50% off or more. A cheap sales tactic that really annoyed me when I was searching.

For me the important stuff was a 22" wide track, 60" long track, incline, a minimum of 3.0 CHP, and a minimum of 12 MPH.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [feedthereed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*this* We all want a treadmill that will last years and years, miles and miles. OK. But technology is changing fast, so a treadmill that can leverage the equivalent of FE-C on bike trainers is an important future-proof feature. Just another data point - we have a Horizon treadmill, nothing special. My spouse walks on it and I run. I was uninvolved in the choice, but this treadmill has been fine and at a far less cost than anything in this discussion. Maintenance-free, no bells/whistles, no decline. But old enough to have the proprietary iPod connector built to provide music (we don't use it now and, AFAIK, never have). Folding, seems to be the right balance between soft/cushioned and road-like. But here's the thing. My treadmill was pretty inexpensive, relatively (I THINK). But if you get a device you like, works well for you, no/few maintenance hassles...you forget the cost pretty quickly (just like I did). So, if the features of a high end mill are important for you, spend a few kilobux, use the features and you'll be a fanboy. Or, get a one kilobuck treadmill without some of the features and you'll probably be as happy. What I'm saying - you can't go wrong with the possibilities you list, but could probably go 50% lower in price without a real reduction in reliability or most aspects of performance, Stay away from the cheapies at the big box stores and you're probably fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda bumping an old thread here but I wanted to add my two cents. My last treadmill was a NordicTrack which I loved but eventually bit the dust after years of good use. That actually worked out okay as after I moved into my new apartment I wouldn't have had room for it anyway so I started looking for something more compact, ideally a foldable treadmill. A quick search on Google yielded literally dozens of results. I ended up picking the LifeSpan which seemed to come up a lot in the results and I couldn't be happier. It must work out to like 1/3 the cost of what I spent on my NordicTrack years ago and certainly isn't quite that good but for so much less I can't really complain. I've had friends that've owned various different BodyGuard treadmills over the years with pretty middling results overall which kinda turned me off those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the Nordictrack Incline Trainer i9. The warranty has been great for any issues, and it has held up well. Also, I found out that a large number of the treadmills out there are made by ICON Fitness (Proform, Livestrong, etc...), which also makes the Nordictrack.

Do not use the high inclines much, but like the 6% decline and it goes up to 12mph for nice bursts of speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [tristorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting this thread, saw a 15 year old Landice L7 on craiglist listed for $500, seemed a little high to me. I'm pretty skeptical about buying something that is 15 years old but it seems as if you guys think the L7 is a tank so maybe I should make an offer?
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Landice L7 is 17 years old and with no maintenance whatsoever it is still going strong. I do not think you could possibly purchase anything better for $500 if it had not been used in a gym.

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [isbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isbr wrote:
My Landice L7 is 17 years old and with no maintenance whatsoever it is still going strong. I do not think you could possibly purchase anything better for $500 if it had not been used in a gym.

Thanks for the info, this is helpful. The woman said it wasn't used much but I'm not sure how I would tell that. Struggling just because I don't think there is a way to put a value on it, not like a used car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is older but I figured there are people in your shoes asking for the same advice.

As a runner myself, we need really durable and sturdy treadmills. Ones with strong motors with at least a size of 3.0 CHP. I have the NordicTrack 1750 and really love it. I've had it for a little over a year now and it has been awesome! I haven't had any issues so far. I do about 3 five mile runs on it a week, so maybe not as much as you'll be doing. For your specific needs though I think you should look more into some of these treadmills: ProForm Pro 2000, Sole F85, Matrix TF30, NordicTrack 1750. It looks like the ProForm Pro is the least expensive one right now.

https://www.treadmillreviews.com/...admills-for-running/

I hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations (BodyGuard T75, Landice L7, Matrix, Nordictrack) [runninmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think these NordicTrack people must live near the Peloton people

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next