Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really? It's less than three years old, right? Compare that most other brands and it's still pretty relevant.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah 2015. I looked at getting one but prefer the cadence myself. The Ballista has tested aero so I would buy your preference.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim manton was on another thread about bontrager helmets. From what I can recall:

The bontrager aeolus tt helmet is a fast helmet, if you can get your hands on it because it's a product for the euro market.

The ballista is an ok aero road helmet. That translates to me as 'not the best but not the worst.'

Personally I'd pick the one that was cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Bumping this thread because I'm between one of these two for my fiance's first aero helmet. I can get either of them brand new for $125 but I'm having trouble giving one the edge. Any new thoughts on them?

I was on the fence between them. Bought the Ballista. Kinda wish I'd bought the Cadence Plus. Ventilation in the Ballista isn't much better than wearing a TT helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
Jim manton was on another thread about bontrager helmets. From what I can recall:

The bontrager aeolus tt helmet is a fast helmet, if you can get your hands on it because it's a product for the euro market.

The ballista is an ok aero road helmet. That translates to me as 'not the best but not the worst.'

If it were me, and I was looking for an aero road helmet, I'd wait for the Giro Vanquish! Or, maybe you don't have to wait and it's out now. Not sure.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vanquish looks good but to give up 12 Watts vs the Aero head which has great ventalation seems crazy to me, but so does the concept of an aero road Helmet over a full aero helmet.

Jim@EROsports wrote:
davidalone wrote:

If it were me, and I was looking for an aero road helmet, I'd wait for the Giro Vanquish! Or, maybe you don't have to wait and it's out now. Not sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Cadence Plus VS Bontrager Ballista? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the cadence specially because i only have space for one helmet in my tiny appartment. It is pretty flexible since ot has a lot of air vents making it pretty good on hot wet days, but also can be covered with some plugs that comes with the hat. Scott have Pretty solid aero data against sworks evade and other aero helmets. I really consider it an amazing piece of work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next