Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman AZ or CDA
Quote | Reply
Has anybody done both? Which did you enjoy more? Why?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman AZ or CDA [gigs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did CDA in '03 and AZ in '05. Enjoyed CDA much more than AZ. Although more of a challeging course, CDA has better scenery on the bike and run! Too many turns and loops at AZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in AZ, just south of Tempe and I've done both CdA and AZ. As much as I hate to admit it, CdA would be my choice. I have done IM CdA twice (and it just about beat me twice) and I loved the whole experience (except the run...). The town is great, the people are great and the course is awesome. We are taking the year off from CdA this year to do a different IM, but we'll be back in '07!

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman AZ or CDA [Alan Romania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are the negatives of im az? which course is faster?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't done CdA (yet...I am scoping it out for next year, depending on schedules) but I will say that AZ is very convenient if you are an out of towner: Airport is 10 minutes away and lots of places to stay within walking distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are alot of turns on IM AZ's bike course, that is a negitive but not a major one (IMO). I really have no complaints about IMAZ. IMAZ should be a faster course, but the winds were murder last year. The weather should be cooler at IMAZ than at CdA... but you never know what will happen in that catagory.

IMO, both would be a good choice. IM CdA is my favorite event (of any I have ever done) and it is a beautiful area with a great community and course. I heard a lot about the hills at CdA before I went last year, but they really aren't bad... except the hell at the run turnaround, that one sucked on the second lap! If I had to choose for you, I'd say do CdA... But if you come to AZ, let me know I live 10 minutes from the course.

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman AZ or CDA [Alan Romania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the tips
Quote Reply