Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Girl with 16 pound tumor on face
Quote | Reply
Dear Friends, I just received this article on a girl that has a 16 pound tumor on her face and felt compelled to help out, she is in the need of surgery that will cost around $95,000. If you wish to help provide assistance you can see her picture and story by clicking on the link below. If your heart moves you please pass this along. Thanks, Werner-

http://www.local6.com/health/5302544/detail.html

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet Jesus...

The hospital is going to wait until she coughs up $95,000? That's pretty unconscionable

that's unbelievable...
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
before I click...is there a pic? because if yes, I am nt clicking...hate seeing this...same stuff they show on the supersurgery tv shows etc...
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there's a pic.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [mcastle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know if this story is 100% truth?
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sweet Jesus..."

Doesn't look like he was so sweet on this occasion. "Sorry kid, but you get a 16 lb. tumor on your FACE. Have fun with that."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The painful tumor now engulfs her face and is endangering her life, according to the report.

A team of doctors in Miami are ready to help the 14-year-old girl but they have to wait until enough money is raised to pay for her hospital stay."

Alright, so there's a case for socialized medicine, but that's not the argument I want to start today. My question is, how long does it take a tumor to get to 16lbs? Any doctors here that can shed a little light on that?

I mean, I'm not exactly the most responsive about getting my ass to a doctor when I need it. I waited a week until I asked an internet forum about severe shoulder pain, and then I finally called a chiro for an appointment. I've got some lump in my arm that's been there for about three years and I've never called a dermotologist. Who knows what the fuck it is. Maybe just a cyst. Maybe the probe the aliens put in me.

But anyway, it's Friday, and I'm so fucking ready to be out of this office and start my one-hour bike ride home. The weather is nice today so I'll probably hammer it even though I keep trying to make Fridays my recovery days.

But seriously, 16lbs. Sixteen fucking pounds. On your face. Don't click that link if you don't have a strong stomach. Sixteen fucking pounds.

Maybe they went to the only doctor they could afford when it was the size of a grape and the doc said not to worry. Maybe it got bigger and another doc said that maybe one day if it got big enough they'd recommend surgery, but at this point it's cosmetic and therefore whatever insurance policy they have won't cover it. I'm still curious though, does it jump to 16lbs quickly, or is that more of a gradual thing? I guess there are recorded cases of both scenarios.

Maybe I'll wake up next week and this thing under the skin of my arm will be as big as a grapefruit. I hope not because I hate throwing up in the bed.

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The article says her life is in danger. Can a hospital deny service under these circumstances?
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given the cost of modern medical care, I suspect that the $95,000 is just a down payment. There is very likely multiple surgeries involved and I wouldn't be surprised if the final cost was several hundred thousand dollars.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, the dual meaning of the Hypocratic Oath.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl with 16 pound tumor on face [EWH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How in the HELL does it remain untreated long enough to get to this point? How long did it take to reach that size? That has to be life threatening...it looks like her head is about to blow up. Like someone said, it just seems somewhere down the line, something would have been done if you took her into the emergency room.

It is so horrendous, it doesn't even look real. How completely awful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The Human Head weighs 8 pounds"--the kid in Jerry Macguire
Quote Reply