Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DVD recorders
Quote | Reply
I don't really know anything about these, but I like the idea of being able to record onto a better, more stable media than vhs tapes. I'm slowly finding info on the net, but is there an all-out recommended website that I should look at? Looking for info on the various features, plus comparison of popular models.

Thanks!

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: DVD recorders [trinewbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try this site:

http://www.videohelp.com/
Quote Reply
Re: DVD recorders [trinewbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like mine. Some free advice, that will likely be worth what you paid for it--get one with a big hard drive (instead of just being able to record to RAM and/or DVD). That way, you can record something, watch it, and delete it. Or do some editing, and burn it to disc. I also really like the chase play action...that way, I can watch something that is being recorded. That way, I can pause to go to the john, fast forward through commercials, etc. I also like being able to watch something other than what is being recorded, so I can watch a DVD movie, and still record a friday nite show (to the hard drive) that airs during family movie time, and watch it later.

Check out www.avsforum.com

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply