Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Meaning of faster times w/ PB [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

First thing: do you accept the premise that if you are swimming nearly 2:00/100yd, you have a problem?

I'm old, pretty inflexible in the shoulders (read: not streamlined), not particularly strong (except for the squats, of course), my flip turns aren't the best, my stroke rate is as high or higher than yours, and I can comfortably hold 1:20/100yd for probably an hour. That's ~40% faster than you. My stroke speed is at least that much faster than yours. What are you doing that slows your stroke down so much? Is it deliberate? Perhaps your position/technique doesn't look that bad, but you just aren't moving your stroke along at the rate that you probably can.

OK, maybe I'm not quite as slow as I thought. I paid a little more attention to the clock at today's swim.

For a moderate 200, followed by three 100s at 300y max pace, I came up with: 3:35, 1:38, 1:39, 1:44. Yep, pooped out toward the end there. Just shy out all out 50s were ~:42 to :44. Easy 100s and 200s after that came in at 1:50.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply

Prev Next