Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tour of California
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one that is major league stoked about this race? Seriously, a pro tour with four stages in Nor Cal, including one that goes right through my training area! Awesome.

Really interested in seeing the route map for stage three - there are lots of ways to get from Martinez to San Jose, but if I were the tour organizers, I would take the boys out to Mines Road to Hamilton and make them come in from there - might be a very long stage, though.

Stage 5-6 look pretty epic, too. If you have ever ridden or driven down there, you can appreciate the climbs they have to hit in the coastal range.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They say they'll announce the exact roads in 45-60 days but they are calling for 107 miles on Stage 2, stage 4 140 miles, stage 5&6 are 109 & 105 respectively.

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where in NORCAL are they doing this?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/tour.html

Starts in SF w/ prologue TT - Sage 1 Sausilito to Santa Rosa - Stage 2 starts in Martinex then heads south to eventually finish in Redondo Beach

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...I might have to take some time and go be a groupie!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Tour of California [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stage 5 amd 6 sounds great. I'll be there.

Quote | Reply
It can be pretty cold and wet that time of the year, for California.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't pass on the opportunity to post this. The race sponsor, Amgen, is the world's largest producer of EPO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/...fp&type=lgns
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a thread about it from yesterday. They sponsor several cycling teams and their EPO brand is actually on the back of the team kit. I think it's kinda funny.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I question just how "epic" cycling would be in the great state of Arnold - which would end up showcasing Nortern Cullie-fornyah versus some of the best riders the sport has to offer. I'm of the opinion we won't out-do the already successful 'Tour de Georgia.'

Already I miss Eddy even more, even Fat Greg! Lance has to make some kind of appearance (and without Sheryl - cycling's Yoko Ono).

I guess I'll have to wait and see...

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Martinez to San Jose - any guesses? I would think they'll take 84 (Calaveras) once they're in the Pleasanton/Sunol area. How will they get there from Martinez? Over the bears? Over Reliez? Down SRVB or along the east bay hills (skyline, redwood)?

Interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea....I'm sure Georgia has lots of spots that look like the Big Sur coastline too. Just kidding Georgia folks...it is real purdy there!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [OT in CA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Martinez to San Jose - any guesses? I would think they'll take 84 (Calaveras) once they're in the Pleasanton/Sunol area. How will they get there from Martinez? Over the bears? Over Reliez? Down SRVB or along the east bay hills (skyline, redwood)?

Interesting.

Iron Horse trail of course.

;-)

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Iron Horse Trail.. Dude that is so funny.... I had to reply as I still use a small part of that trail in walnut creek for my commute (mainly for the blond runner on Tues and Thurs that I pass by Newell ave.) I hope the pros have bells though as they are required and you will sometimes get reminded of the fact by some self rightous individual

My best guess would be calaveras as the road is decent and has very little traffic on it to begin with, one of my favorites
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very Cool!! I will be there...last stage is in my hometown : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've got to throw a few bridges in somewhere just for the scenic impact.

Quote | Reply
This is so awesome. I live just a short hop from San Jose, so I'll be able to catch the finish of stage 2 and the stage 3 ITT. I'm already booking vacation days!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [B Scrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget the 15mph speed limit and the unsolicited riding tips they'll get as they pass the purple horde out for their Kona mary prep runs.

Having them go out reliez, down treat and then up over the Diablo junction would be pretty cool as well.

ot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking Bears, Wildcat, up south park, Skyline, redwood then over to 84 and down would have the least amount of stoplights and best scenery. They could go through Orinda/Moraga and then to Redwood. The SRVB shopping mall ride would be an injustice. I guess Morgan Territory would be pretty cool as well - when do they publish the route?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour of California [Jason D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking exactly the same route as Jason, but perhaps from the end of Palomares Cyn they will head back East to Calaveras Rd and shoot down the back side of Fremont to Felter, cutting breifly down into San Jose on Sierra, over toward East foothills and up Mt Hamilton Rd to drop finally back into San Jose on the South side at Quimby Rd.

THAT WOULD BE A TORTURE-FEST !!!!!!!!!!

Well worth watching.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply