Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powermeter for Lone Biker
Quote | Reply
I train alone on the bike. It seems to me that a powermeter would be a good tool to ensure that I don't slack off during training rides. For example, I often do six 10 mile intervals (60 mile ride) and feel that I could use the powermeter to make sure I'm hitting my target watts (slowly increasing the watts to gain fitness) during each interval. I don't have the peer pressure (riding with a group) to keep me cranking, so a powermeter would be an honest broker. Are there any reasons why this would not be a good way to use a powermeter to improve fitness on the bike? Several folks have mentioned that they have stopped looking at watts during their ride, so just wondering.
Quote Reply
Re: Powermeter for Lone Biker [TheBorg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A power meter is very valuable tool to perform interval workouts that you describe. It will help ensure that you aren't putting out too many watts at your early intervals and that you are putting out enough in your last intervals. The key will be to really understand how to use your power meter. Look for training with power documents by Joe Friel, Rich Strauss and Andy Coggan.
Quote Reply