Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is a reasonable asking price?
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of selling my 2001 red cervelo p2k. what is a fair asking price?

it's got a full ultegra 9sp drive train
dura ace chain
vision base bar
vision clip-ons
vision brake levers
richey ds wheels
saddle mounted water system
(new) ironman tires
fsa triathlon gel saddle
new ahead headset
new cabling
carbon fork
carbon seatpost

it is in perfect shape. maintained by local bike shop.
Quote Reply
Re: What is a reasonable asking price? [speedy_dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bikes lose their value fast. The market value is probably 1/2 to 2/3 of what you think is fair.
Last edited by: caleb: Nov 2, 05 8:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is just my thought from being a triathlete for the past 15 or so years... I always think 50% of current retail is a reasonable place to start on used goods and then reduce it more or add more based on age/condition and demand for product. In your case I would say a good price point to meet product demand and value would be on the low end $750 and the high end $1150, plus $50 for shipping.

Some really important considerations also to consider when thinking of price would be size and signs of damage.

Best bet is to put it on Ebay and with no reserve and see what it goes for. It will go for what it's worth. You might also check completed listings on the left hand side and seach for similar bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't let it go for less than 1500. Think about what it would cost for someone to get into this set-up...probably more than 1500. Set a reserve on Ebay! and see what happens.

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought that exact frame, but with better aerobars, and WAY better wheels, and same component group for $1100... so I would try for MAYBE $900.

Trev

Trev Williams
http://www.thedoctrine.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look on e-bay for a few weeks, and get a feel for what it might go for - you'd be surprised. Remember, you can get more for it in the spring when people want these, than in the fall.
Quote Reply
Re: What is a reasonable asking price? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or part it out on the Ebay for maximum returns. A lot more headaches though.
Quote Reply