Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best bike fitters in DC area
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of the best bike fitters in the Baltimore/DC area?
Quote Reply
Re: best bike fitters in DC area [dobler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Ken Mierke.
Fitness-Concepts.com

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonzai in Falls Church VA is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim Palmer, Spokes in Vienna VA
Quote Reply
Re: best bike fitters in DC area [TriNavy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No blasting here... just tthe truth.

First as far as Tri specific shops go in this area you are limited.

Bonzai has zero fitting experience. Unless you consider the broom stick between your legs a viable fitting method.

Tri-Speed in Timonium is a good option. They have a Serotta Fit cycle and are Triathletes that understand fitting.

All American Bikes in Damacus is probably the best fitter in the Area (Matt McGoey). He will take the time to fit you right. He is a road cyclist but has raced professionally and understands the process better than anyone I have met.
Quote Reply
Re: best bike fitters in DC area [XFalcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Bonzai has zero fitting experience. Unless you consider the broom stick between your legs a viable fitting method. "

That's an interesting comment. Sounds like you have a bone to pick with Bonzai. I've been going there for over 5 years and always received great service.
Quote Reply
Re: best bike fitters in DC area [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bone to pick...

However, can you comment on your fitting experience. Reality is it does not exist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also try Tri-nergy in Sterling, there are pretty good at everything. Great service and very resonable prices.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been wondering the same thing---

I purchased my bike at All american--- and thought the service was good-- but since then I am wondering about my position. He never thought to turn the seatpost around to the forward position-- and I made numerous changes once I left the store. Bonzai, in my opinion leaves much to be desired when it comes to fit--- but because of the turnover in store employees I think it depends on who you deal with.

I hear good things about the fit guys in Va. Beach and I think I am going to make the trip down there.

Any opinions about VA beach fitters?
Quote Reply
Re: best bike fitters in DC area [chainring711] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Any opinions about VA beach fitters?"

there's Roberio Bezerra at Conte's, and both Buzz and Johnny Pearson at Final Kick are good options, with Corey being the third Final Kick employee to make the trip out here to a FIST Workshop (he's coming out in two weeks).

Back to D.C., I'll second Jeff Palmer @ Spokes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: best bike fitters in DC area [XFalcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you Falcon. I went to the shop and they didn't have a clue about fitting. Not clubbing them, but my customer service experience was not good either.
Quote Reply