Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me build my new bike.
Quote | Reply
Now that I have totaled my Trek 5500 in a accident over the weekend, I am in the market for a new bike. The frame I will get properly fitted of course, but my question is what should I spend on the components. I am a decent cyclist, have qualified and raced at the Worlds a few times (Duathlon), and have been riding a tri / modified Trek 5500 (full Dura Ace 9sp) for several years. I will be going to a tri specific bike with my next purchase. My question is, what would be the best use of my hard earned cash for the components. Is full Dura Ace worth the extra bucks over Ultegra, what about cranks, and areo bars (one piece?) In addition, I have a Renn Disc & plan on purchasing a Hed Alps for the front. Just curious on the groups thoughts on how you would build a bike balancing performance with cost.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build my new bike. [giuseppe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is full Dura Ace worth the extra bucks over Ultegra,

In my opinion, the answer is no. I have two Ultegra equipped bikes and one with Dura Ace - I can't tell any performance difference in the components. DA is slightly slighter, but unless you're rolling in cash or a total weight weenie I'd stick with Ultegra.
Last edited by: BK: Nov 2, 05 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build my new bike. [giuseppe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wait for the new SRAM?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply