Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: my (long) leftist triathlon post. but i am not a communist. [d.w.weston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just think that profit motive shouldn't drive this sport. The moments I enjoy most in it are the times when training or racing where you reach a state of mental stillness, where your physical state is in tune wit the rest of you and you are clearly expressing your will in action. Branding, and the rest of it, seem such an irrelevance at these times.

You probably would have had less hostility if you had written it that way in the first place rather than being a troll - I think most people here agreed with you overall. On the other hand, whining about having to look at the logos on all your free gear just makes you look like a dick. If I were your sponsor and read that post I'd drop you.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: my (long) leftist triathlon post. but i am not a communist. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andy, you really cancelled your cable?
Quote Reply
Re: my (long) leftist triathlon post. but i am not a communist. [d.w.weston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think anybody was getting hostile with you. Most of us really dont give a hoot that you cant get laid, get free stuff (except coochie), are feeling lonely, stare at your naval,,,etc....We are just laughing with you brother. Having fun with your rants! I myself got a big kick out of it. I wish I had the time you have to ponder such gibberish. But with training, working, wife, kids, and yummy ice cream, I cant spare any at the moment. I did drink some gatorade today, but I took the label off in your honor! HaHa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PS,,,your still a pinko commie and I think you should really consider going back on that medication! And maybe get a MANGINA-ectomy as soon as possible!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Son, we need to talk..."

"You need to get laid!"

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
everything is commercialized, and you aren't going to change that.
do what I do - ignore it. Who cares. I used to get pissed that they changed the name of the boston garden to the fleet center. now it's called something else. who cares what they call it. everyone knows what it is, and someday when they tear it down people that went to it for decades will feel sad, even if it is on it's 12th name at the time.

there's nothing wrong with people who provide these awesome products making money at it. how much money? as much as they can.

you would if you're mortgage payment depended on it.

just chill and enjoy what you do man, you are good enough to be sponsored, if I were you, I'd just enjoy it.

believe me, we are having fun out here in the back of the pack.

i'm riding a bike that costs 1500 that's as good as something that costs twice that 10 years ago.

the system is working fine.

that said, my constant search for the perfect gear has abated somewhat.
I'm satisfied with what I've got, and it's time to just train .

it's all about balance. keep in mind, none of us have to spend money on any of this.

there's nothing to feel guilty about man.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Duke Blue Devil irondistance race in Raleigh, NC, a non-profit race for cancer research had so few participants this year that they almost didn't get even and the organizers may decide to stop offering this independent Irondistance race altogether.

It is a great race with a great atmosphere and organization but merely 170 people raced it this year....

while the M-dot brand races sell out in a day.....

seems to be excellent marketing by the IM guys...and people follow it...hey, I still get told I haven't done a 'real' Ironman (2 ID's)..but luckily I couldn't care less - and.. signed up for Wisconsin next year...

I agree there is too much commericalization, but this seems to be the trend with just about everything. And there may even be certain advantages to it, for instance the internet/TV coverage would likely not happen if there wasn't some monetary incentive etc
Quote Reply

Prev Next