Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2006 age group nationals
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where & when the 2006 age group nationals for OD will be held? The website is not clear. Also, outside of the regional qualifiers, how do you get in? JH
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [johnh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has not been announced yet.

Top 10% or first in your age-group (whichever is easier) in any USAT sanctioned race held within about a year of nationals gets you in. Edit: The USAT web site actually has the date for 2006! Any USAT sanctioned race held after August 14, 2005.
Last edited by: gonzobob: Nov 1, 05 16:29
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [gonzobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is that date?
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [gonzobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Edit: The USAT web site actually has the date for 2006! Any USAT sanctioned race held after August 14, 2005.
I must be dense, I don't understand this statement at all.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right on Clark.... LOL. I looked on the website (my wife wants to race AG nationals) and we weren't able to find a date....

1,2,3, I don't get it...
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Athletes can meet qualification at any sanctioned event between Aug. 14, 2005 and the week before the 2006 USA Triathlon National Age Group Championships."

Gotta love that open ending date...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the official word on the street is nobody knows when/where the 2006 national championship is going to be?

Sorry to be so blunt but this in my opinion this is pathetic and USAT should be ashamed of such poor organization! It is November. For all we know it could be in April in Hawaii or May in NY, or July in Alaska or Arizona in September... or canceled altogether! OR like previous years announced in one city and changed in place and time later due to logistics.

If getting a place and a date squared away is so difficult then why not just have the race in the same place on the same course every year, on the same weekend? It won't make everyone happy, people will be upset but perhaps something central and close to your main office would be good. Indeed anything is better than what we currently have.

...And you want people to pay what for a membership card?
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone wrote a very well written letter to USAT - it's on IT:

http://insidetri.com/news/fea/3059.0.html

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plain and simple - if they want people to attend - a date and location has to be set well in advance. Could this be why Nats is getting poor attendance?

Many can't arrange to go with only a few months to plan. This is totally sepearte from the issue of planning your training and racing for a season when you don't know the date of your "A" race!
Quote Reply
Re: 2006 age group nationals [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't agree more Mac. Try setting up 15 athletes who want to go to Nats and we don't have a date yet. Lousy planning to say the least on behalf of USAT.

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply