Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LT/VO2 Testing
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I'm in Pensacola, FL and since the off-season is starting for me but I'm still in relatively good racing shape, I'd like to have LT and VO2 testing done to help me plan out next spring's training. Where, in general (hospital, PT clinic, rehab center, etc), do you get that done? I don't see many posts on here from the P'Cola area so I'm not expecting a specific location, but any info you've got will help.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: LT/VO2 Testing [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do VO2 and LT testing in the SF Bay Area, for $150 (treadmill) or $185 (CompuTrainer). If you don't get anything better, I'll check with the company that makes our equipment (New Leaf) and see if they have any installations in your area. Closest I've found on the Internet is Asheville Velo. That's a fer piece from Tallahassee...

I don't have their info with me but will check tomorrow when I'm at work.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: LT/VO2 Testing [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triflorida

I am in Pensacola also. Are you Navy? If so, there might be a couple of options on base (maybe). Otherwise, UWF has the capability. I have helped to conduct several VO2 max tests there a couple of years ago. They can do lactate testing as well. Not sure if they do it on a regular basis for a fee. Not a huge athlete population around here.

Mike P.
Quote Reply
Re: LT/VO2 Testing [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike, I'm military but not Navy (AF). I just talked to Tim Hawkins--we're in the same squadron and train together. He says he knows you and would be interested in the same testing if you can arrange it. My email is dangerboy76@yahoo.com. If you'll email me your contact info, I'll give you a call to see what we can arrange.

Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply