Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A neighbor of mine had a Jack Russell. He used to camp out at my house when my Yorkie went into heat. He was a fun dog. Name was Oscar. Oscar was fearless and one big muscle. If the dog world had bodybuilders, Oscar would have been a pro. Very athletic. When I would go run, sometimes he would follow me. He could run all day long and never get tired. They are terriers, which means that even on their best days, they're a handful.

Other options to consider would be fox terriers or rat terriers. They are a little more well-behaved. Feists, JRT, fox terriers and rat terriers are very similar.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn that's cute! Wish us Mac users could post photos on here. If you have a minute, can you post this photo of our dog's litter from May, 2004?

http://tinypic.com/i2vu9x.jpg

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, these are very cute dogs, here they are..

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see five cuties. Sweet!

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An uncle of mine had a Jack Russell several years ago that commited suicide. Hung himself. One minute he was jumping around in the back of the car and the next he'd hooked his collar around that little coat hanger gizmo and it was lights out.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's a good looking dog. Good luck with him. If he's typical he'll be a hand full and more, so prepare yourself. Name him "Goddam" so that, after he does something untoward, you can save time by saying "Goddam, come here" instead of having to insert a name too.

Seriously, he should be a lot of fun. Start training him immediately!

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There should be a picture of this little guy in the dictionary next to the word "seduction".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They definitely are giant dogs in little bodies. I saw one JRT try to pick fights with just about every dog in the dog park. Then he tried to pick on a very serious and stern looking border collie/ shepherd mix that probably outweighed him by 40 pounds or so. It wasn't pretty. Be careful if your guy is really full of himself.
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [amy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Killer movie, cool dog...

Quote Reply
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [toddtv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The Movie Crimson Tide with Gene Hackman

Quote Reply
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [toddtv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More pics of the little rat dog I get at the end of the month..

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's adorable. Nice hand by the way. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for continuing to post. Many times these threads just die and those of us along for the ride get pitched out the window at high speed never hearing how things work out. It's kind of like reading a lot of books, but never reading the last chapter.

Great looking dog!

Lou Battaglia

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is such a doll. I'm a big fan of this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awwwwwww.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are one of my favourite dog breeds. My lab used to play with one in the park; each would grab hold of one end of a thick piece of rope, and they'd play tug of war for 1/2 an hour. My dog figured out how to yank his head back and snap it to the side, so he would actually be swinging the JRT around off his feet. Neither dog would let go, though.

You'll have a blast; just don't let a cat in your house!
Quote Reply
Re: Jack Russell Terrier [mfreeman72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" You'll have a blast; just don't let a cat in your house!"

Funny you should mention that. My dog, a wire fox terrier, lived with a family for four years and played with the other dog in the house. However, one day, he cornered the family cat in the back yard and killed it. That was the end of his membership in that family. We adopted him a year ago after he languished at the breeder's for almost a year. Are you speaking from experience?

Lou Battaglia

Quote Reply

Prev Next