Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2015 Cervelo S5 - aerobar options?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I have a 2015 Cervelo S5 with the stock wing-shaped handlebars. I hope to do some stage races this year that include time-trials and I was wondering if there are any options for clip-on aerobars that would fit the S5's unique handlebars or if anyone has successfully temporarily converted an S5 into a TT bike without too much hassle or $$.

I actually DO like the wing-shaped stock bars so I would prefer to keep them if possible.

Thanks a lot!

JJ
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo S5 - aerobar options? [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnj121591 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 2015 Cervelo S5 with the stock wing-shaped handlebars. I hope to do some stage races this year that include time-trials and I was wondering if there are any options for clip-on aerobars that would fit the S5's unique handlebars or if anyone has successfully temporarily converted an S5 into a TT bike without too much hassle or $$.

I actually DO like the wing-shaped stock bars so I would prefer to keep them if possible.

Thanks a lot!

JJ

No clip-ons are compatible with that bar. Is it Di2 or mechanical?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo S5 - aerobar options? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the enve aero road clip ons? The enve aero road bar has a similar appearance to the s5 bar.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo S5 - aerobar options? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are an option, yes. But they require purchasing both the Enve SES Aero Road bar and the clip ons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blktec has some pretty cool aero bars

http://www.blktec-cycles.com/collections/bars

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi I'm looking to get a 2013 S5 with those wing-shaped handlebars, and I want to see if anyone actually tried to use the ses aero bars and clips? Are the shape of the clip on a good fit for the S5's handlebars, is it secure enough, does it shift over time etc? Below are the link of the ses clip ons, also attaching a pic of the potentially mine S5 handle bars...

https://revolutionbikeshop.com/...-clip-on-extensions/

Last edited by: byroncheung: Jun 28, 23 13:01
Quote Reply