Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ebay scam, or can't read?
Quote | Reply
Have a few auctions going right now and all say US shipping only, but I already have 4 request to ship over seas. Is this some kind of scam. If no one in the US wants it I just assume sell it, but I have never done that before. Is it difficult? And are there any issues with customs?

Thanks for any advice.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay scam, or can't read? [cbritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on which country. Shipping to Canada or the UK is usually not a scam. I wouldn't ship to like Outer Mongolia or anything. If there is an issue with customs, that is the buyers problem, not yours. They pay duty on the item, not you. Make sure that you check that option when you ship via UPS/FedEx. And they have to pay before you ship. Scams are usually on the selling end, unless they start talking about escrow. Make sure you have real cash in your paypal account (and don't go outside of ebay to close the sale) and you'll be okay.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay scam, or can't read? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be careful with international sales. Especially if they want to use a credit card to pay for the item. If the people are registered EBAY users, than there should be some feedback ratings to evaluate.

Good countries: Australia, UK, canada, Germany, Netherlands.

High fraud countries: (only listed some) : Indonesia, Bulgaria, Russia, Nigeria, (I heard 30% of the Nigeria's GNP is from fraud. 90% off all Nigerian transactions on internet are fraud.)
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay scam, or can't read? [cbritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may have been from me ! If I see something I like in the USA I often email them to ask if they will sell it overseas as most just forget there is world outside of the USA. It is just a matter of the buyer paying extra for shipping and involves no more risk that selling inside USA. As long as you use something like paypal and don't send the goods until the funds have cleared I don't see where the risk is as a seller. It is the buyer that takes all the risk on ebay.
Quote Reply