Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Question
Quote | Reply
I bought a computrainer and had to use the serial / usb adapter. I hooked it all up and it works fine in stand alone mode however the 3d software either says I am not connected or, if I don't get that error message, the course simple does not start. I press "F1" per the instructions and my cyclist jus remains still at the starting line. I've checked the com ports and believe I am using the right one but have a suspicion that the problem prolly lies in this area. Both myself and the dealer that sold me the Computrainer have left messages at their tech department but have not had our calls returned.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Bibendum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem too. You have to make sure the correct comm port is used. Use the program called "Computrainer CS 1.5" A little box should appear. Click on "utilities." Then click "test comm ports." This is search for the computrainer. You need to make sure that the comm port is the same one that you have selected in your setup of the ride program.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, Thanks for the response.

I've checked the com ports - - It tells me com ports 4,5,6 are "found" How do I know which one to use?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somehow on mine, the key is that unless the handlebar controller says PRO on it when you start the computrainer program, it won't work. For reasons I haven't yet figured out, sometimes it says PRO and sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately, it seems like if I do the calibration first and go to 25mph and let it run down, it seems like it never works. If I just start it straight, it does. If you figure out the secret on yours, please re-post what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run into that issue too. Haven't figured out how to go from ergo to pro.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried running the software while watching the IM Hawaii feed. It seemed like it kept timing the but computrainer itself went back to ergo mode as soon as the software window was minimized. Never figured that one out. I thought I ride a course "blind" while watching the Kona-cast but no dice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O.K. Turns out I hadn't installed the USB/Serial adapter driver. Now that's done and I've configured the comm ports but still it doesn't work - - and this is super irritating, When I click on the 3D icon on my desktop it loads all the way to the course I was trying to ride and although it no longer says I am not connected, it also does not respond. How do I get back to the screen where you load a course and set which port you want?

This software is driving me nuts! Why is it so goofy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've got a CT in the box, been waiting for a spare hour or two to set up. you all are not exactly encouraging....somebody find some answers, please.

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may prove how technically challenged I am, but I have yet to see the words "pro" anywhere on the handlebar monitor. Is it possible there are different models? Do you mean program mode?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Randy,

Hopefully you are not the technophobe I am, so you won't have a problem. I re-installed the software and now everything appears to be working now. I think this is one of those weird programs that just wants to be manipulated a few times and then once you curse at a certain decibel level, the program is satisfied and lets you proceed.

Thats my take on it anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Computrainer has a forum where you post questions such as this one and have the staff answer them. Check out www.racermateinc.com and look for activities/events, then computrainer, then forums.
Quote Reply