Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Building up a Bike
Quote | Reply
I made more money this summer than anticipated, so I have decided to build myself up a tri bike (before you get on my case--3k has been saved for a roth ira). I was hoping some of you guys and gals had some extra parts laying around in your garage that could use a new home. You can also rag on my build up if you feel the need :-)

So far I have:

Yaqui Manzanita frame

Profile BRC w/ Cane Creek Headset

7700 Crank and BB

6600 Rear Der

Velomax Circuits

Thompson Elite Post

Azoto saddle

Which leaves me needing:

The whole front end: I'd like to keep bars, levers and shifters under $150 if possible. If you're switching up to something new (or didn't like what you bought and went back) please PM me.

Front Der - Either Ult or DA. $25ish

Brakeset: Ultegra would be nice, but I'll probably just grab a set of RX40's from chucks. $50

Cages: Not looking for anything fancy $20 for the pair.

Tires, chain and cables will obviously be on my own.

Thanks,

Daniel

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Building up a Bike [DHeineck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And look pedals. $40-50

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some carbon strikes that I will practically give away. -steve
Quote Reply
Re: Building up a Bike [steve r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when you say practically give away...you mean? I'd be interested in those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an older DA front der. that you can have it is a braze on
Quote Reply
Re: Building up a Bike [jokre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To Jokre, I private messaged you, but you did not respond. Just curious what the deal was.

Thanks,
Daniel

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply