Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>> Maybe I just have to get over my anti-Arab bias... I'm actually put off by the whole Tri Dubai thing. It's just such a transparent attempt at buying positive PR.

Not unlike the "Ford" Ironman Triathlon World Championship. Ford logos on everything. Ford commercials during the webcast. Maybe I just have to get over my anti-Ford bias... I'm actually put off by the whole Ford thing. It's just such a transparent attempt at buying positive PR.

I have lived in the middle-east. I have never owned a Ford!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dearborn is also Ford World Headquarters......

:)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>> Dearborn is also Ford World Headquarters...... :)

I knew that!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't all sponsorship in the same league?

Ford sponsored the world champs for exactly the same reason.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ford workers don't quite work in the same conditions as indians and africans in the UAE. I also don't think that Dearborn would be a hub for child trafficking, or money laundering....
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

If you want...I'll point you to the coffee shop where the RD is each morning.

But, no details yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Thierry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ford workers don't quite work in the same conditions as indians and africans in the UAE. I also don't think that Dearborn would be a hub for child trafficking, or money laundering....

baahahahaha this doesnt happen in the usa? hahahah
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>baahahahaha

TRI-CYNICS ?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa, what do you know that we don't know?

Do tell.... I have to make my travel plans!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [Thierry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm....child trafficking in that area you say? Michael Jackson has moved to Bahrain the latest news reports about his jury duty say?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [trifolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

dubai is a pretty amazing place, I wouldn't mind visiting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't imagine you'll see a lot of local women entered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
>> Maybe I just have to get over my anti-Arab bias... I'm actually put off by the whole Tri Dubai thing. It's just such a transparent attempt at buying positive PR.

Not unlike the "Ford" Ironman Triathlon World Championship. Ford logos on everything. Ford commercials during the webcast. Maybe I just have to get over my anti-Ford bias... I'm actually put off by the whole Ford thing. It's just such a transparent attempt at buying positive PR.

I have lived in the middle-east. I have never owned a Ford!

Duh. Re-read what I wrote. The Ford thing is annoying, too. My wife was thoroughly bothered by all the logos everywhere. There IS a difference, though. Ford helps put on the RACE. Dubai's sponsorship does what now?

Hey, I'm not a cynic. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I'm a huge cynic! And I work for The Man, and probably AM The Man.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, but that's a good thing if you're a female expat. my wife used to collect good coin at the local tris when we lived there. (of course, we spent it all on bikes!)

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how many women would participate and what would they wear?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [survivor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As many as wanted to enter and they would wear what they wear in any race. When you look at photos of the beaches people are wearing normal bathing costumes.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm there training at the end of November. As far as I know (my best friend and his wife moved there a year ago) it's pretty cool.

I think many, in the US in particular, have a tendency to brand everything in that part of the world similarly. Would it be right to judge all of Europe as being like Spain or all of the US as being like Texas?

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Dubai: Are they having a race there or..... [GBJ_Chris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Would it be right to judge all of Europe as being like Spain or all of the US as being like Texas?

Yes!

:-)

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply

Prev Next