Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tacx neo - which bikes won't fit [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
I've never had a problem putting my 2009 P4 on my Neo2. If you loosen the skewer and wiggle the bike side to side to make sure that the dropouts are seated all the way on the skewer you should have a few mm of clearance. Just make sure you tighten down the skewer REALLY well. If it's loose at all the dropouts will slip enough that the frame will touch and start to squeak. Occassionally I've folded a piece of paper a few times and shimmed it into that little gap to make sure the frame isn't rubbing on the case of the Neo and causing an annoying squeak.[/quote

Revisiting this. You say you put a piece of paper between the frame and trainer to prevent the squeaking? That is what I want to avoid. My frame just contacts the trainer case when I start to tighten it down and even makes the slightest mark on the chainstay. I could put some paper between it and the frame but I'm just trying to avoid potentially damaging the frame during harder efforts. I guess I'm just going to find a shop that stocks either an H3 or a Kickr and bring the bike in for a test fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx neo - which bikes won't fit [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
......If it's loose at all the dropouts will slip enough that the frame will touch and start to squeak. Occassionally I've folded a piece of paper a few times and shimmed it into that little gap to make sure the frame isn't rubbing on the case of the Neo and causing an annoying squeak.
If it's making contact and squeaking, it may be annoying, but that's a side issue. What's important is whether there's any stress being put on the chainstay.
The chainstay is not designed to deal with lateral point loads, and could potentially be compromised.
Adding a shim to reduce squeaking may help with noise, but it is also increasing the magnitude of the force imparted on the chainstay and probably makes a structural issue more likely. If the bike and trainer make contact anywhere other than at the skewer I wouldn't use that combination, simple as that.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx neo - which bikes won't fit [TheArchitect] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheArchitect wrote:
The non-drive side chainstay of my 2015 P2 (58cm) touches the plastic casing on my W2017 Neo. I am looking at grinding the plastic of the Neo or forcing a spacer on the non-drive side...

I just got the Neo (used, Neo 0G -2018) and have the same problem - the NDS chainstay on my 2016 P3 (58cm) also touches. Did you end up grinding the casing or using the spacer?

Quote Reply

Prev Next